Views: 8258|Replies: 27

People have right to know what chickens eat   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-12-24 15:02:23 |Display all floors

CCTV recently reported that certain domestic chicken farmers fed their chickens with more than 20 kinds of medicines, mostly antibiotics, to boost their growth. These chickens were raised in dirty environments, did not sleep at all, and were slaughtered after over 40 days of growth.

Poultry experts said that "fast-growing" chickens were not as terrible as many thought. As chicken rearing techniques improve, it is totally achievable to raise chickens quickly from a technological perspective. However, they should not be fed excessive amounts of medicines, especially illegal medicines.

Consumers could not tell whether the chickens were fed illegal medicines or contained excessive amounts of related substances until they try them out, but this process could be risky and even costly.

The buyers do not know about the quality of goods so they distrust in the sellers, which lead to increase of transaction costs and market contraction and even disappearance.

Due to the asymmetric information and lack of supervision, the bosses of chicken farms do not consider the consumers and boldly use illegal drugs and excessive doses on chickens to reduce the costs, thus harming the interests of consumers.

The incident of fast-growing chickens posed a question ignored by the field of food safety: How to strengthen disclosure of food safety information?

After investigation and survey, Chinese Academy of Social Science found that the information disclosure for food safety information is less than 70 percent.

How do the government agencies conduct information exchanges and share and establish a food safety information platform? How can food safety information be conveyed to consumers quickly and effectively? How to establish continuous and dynamic information disclosure system? Those questions still remained to be answered to improve the food safety.

Source: Xinhua

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 15:06:58 |Display all floors
There should be a comprehensive review of all western food stuffs.
E.g Sudan I !!
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 15:10:19 |Display all floors
Chemical fertilizers, pesticides, gm food, anti-biotics, growth hormones, harmful preservatives,
harmful pollutants, etc, etc - all come from western foodstuffs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 15:13:13 |Display all floors
Since dioxins accumulate in the fat of animals, the highest sources in the human diet are found in beef, pork, lamb, fish, shellfish, butter, cheese, etc,etc
some dioxins are now present in every man, woman and child in the West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 15:17:19 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2012-12-24 15:06
There should be a comprehensive review of all western food stuffs.
E.g Sudan I !!

As I understood, those chickens are grown in China by Chinese farmers for Chinese consumers.

It would be to costly to raise them in the USA and fly them over.

It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 15:18:47 |Display all floors
That you can buy them at McDo or KFC does not mean that you will not find them in your Chinese super market, too.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 15:20:19 |Display all floors
29042012 Post time: 2012-12-24 15:17
As I understood, those chickens are grown in China by Chinese farmers for Chinese consumers.

It w ...

They follow the western farming practice which produces chickens that are toxic.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.