Views: 7180|Replies: 15

University education, for what? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-13 15:51:47 |Display all floors
University education, for what?

Get good job?
Get good salary?

But first few years of fresh graduate life is going to be hell with almost minimum wages.

What other reasons?

Mix with right kinds of people.

Broaden the mind

Make life more interesting.

With the right attitude, hope people can choose wisely.

With the right attitude, hope people don't get disappointed after graduation.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-13 15:55:52 |Display all floors
Parents should encourage children to enjoy their university days while having an eye on the big picture.

Children should not go to university if they don't enjoy it.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-13 16:00:52 |Display all floors
depends on what you are going to do

I'd love to live 150 years more

there are so  any interesting things worth doing at university, but not time for many of them

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-13 16:33:24 |Display all floors
what a shame!  i had some important things not be done.  such  as  i didn't find my first lover. and  now  it is hard for me  to seek for  good girl to me .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-13 16:47:13 |Display all floors
goldandsliver Post time: 2012-12-13 18:33
what a shame!  i had some important things not be done.  such  as  i didn't find my first lover. and ...

well, there is always gold and silver.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-14 01:18:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by safaribehn at 2012-12-13 18:19

The value of degrees are getting lower and lower, that is why education should be free, but not compulsory. The benefits of a highly educated population is a great benefit for any country, but not necessarily a guarantee to find work for the individual.
Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-14 02:12:47 |Display all floors
Well you never went to a uni  ...........

That is guaranteed  ..........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.