Views: 5903|Replies: 1

What is your favorite Chinese movie? Why did it impress you? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-10 17:22:13 |Display all floors
16575.jpg

Last Saturday, I went to cinema and watched Feng Xiaogang’s new work -Back to 1942. Feng is the most successful commercial movie director in China. This film is totally different from his earlier romantic comedy in which there is too much product placement.

Based on a novel, Back to 1942 tells the true story of the devastating Henan province famine that claimed more than 3 million lives in 1942, a time when China was engaged in the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression.

This historic background provides the perfect material to create a blockbuster movie. I was amazed to see such movie’s scenes, like the ones showing the bombing attacks by the Japanese army, are very Hollywood-style, both in terms of their scale and technical level.

I also saw two of my favorite stars from Hollywood: Tim Robbins (who plays a Catholic priest) and Adrien Brody (who plays American journalist Theodore White).

For me, this movie is like a saga, which can help me get to know an important lesson in modern Chinese history–one well worth remembering and learning from.

What is your favorite Chinese movie? Why did it impress you?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-11 10:36:46 |Display all floors
Asia the Invincible. Love the movie.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.