Views: 12792|Replies: 7

Who built a £60,000 Tree House? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-12-3 02:07:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2012-12-3 02:11

Luxury treehouse fitted with hot tub and fireplaceChris Walley spent seven months and £60,000 building the Treehouse Hideaway.

• If man has built what he claims is the tallest habitable treehouse in the UK, which comes kitted with a Jacuzzi and 60-inch cinema screen.

Chris Walley has spent a whopping £60,000 on the Treehouse Hideaway, which sits 20 feet off the ground and overlooks animal enclosures at Druidstone wildlife park, near Canterbury.
    The 54-year-old used scrap wood from builders' merchants and driftwood from a nearby beach to construct the home.
    Walley started designing his second home nine months ago. When it came to actually building it, he chose not to use any scaffolding – he simply shimmied up and down the tree using ropes instead.
    Scroll through the picture gallery above to see the building in progress and take a tour of the finished home.

Fully-kitted home
    Walley’s treehouse has both plumbing and electricity, so you get all the amenities you’d expect to find in a normal home – loo, gas hob and even a dishwasher. But what really caught our eye was the romantic log burner, which sits below the giant cinema screen we mentioned earlier.
    Walley told The Sun that he embarked on the ambitious project because he was bored and needed something to do.
    “I said [to my wife] I wanted to build a treehouse at the top of the garden and that was it,” Walley explained. “I built it from scratch. It was a bit ambitious and I’m glad it’s over — it’s half-killed me. There are several treehouses in Britain, but none that are habitable.
    “People often have to go abroad to France if they want to stay in one. We have had nothing but good responses so far.”
    Is it better than the hobbit house?
    We love quirky self-built homes here at MSN Money. Immediately upon seeing the masterpiece above we were reminded of another home we covered a while back.
    Dubbed the Hobbit House (pictured below), Simon Dale’s creation is actually built into a Welsh hillside.
    Although it has far fewer features than the treehouse, it did cost markedly less to build – Dale says he spent just £3,000 from start to finish
    tr.jpg
    trr.jpg
    trrr.jpg
    trrrr.jpg
    trrrrr.jpg
    trrrrrr.jpg
    trrrrrrr.jpg
    trrrrrrrr.jpg
    trrrrrrrrr.jpg
    trrrrrrrrrr.jpg
    trrrrrrrrrrr.jpg
    trrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

trrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-3 02:54:12 |Display all floors
Thats is cool but fun if children haved that

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-12-3 15:45:00 |Display all floors
allnightlong Post time: 2012-12-3 02:54
Thats is cool but fun if children haved that

Yes it would be cool for kids

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-4 04:44:25 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-12-3 15:45
Yes it would be cool for kids

My sister have kids i love to have them one in the garden when they are some years older

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2012-12-4 13:35:19 |Display all floors
Wish I had a tree house like that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-4 14:55:01 |Display all floors
It is a perfect place for hideaway.Maybe we can set up a Theme Hotel like that。I am convinced that  it will be pretty popular for modern citizen are in great pressure.It will offer a fantastic place for them to relax。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-5 09:53:51 |Display all floors
what a stroke of genius! {:soso_e179:}

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.