Author: greendragon

The INTERNET safe practices thread. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-23 05:18:33 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-11-22 22:22
Welcome to the marvellous world of Avalon and SAP, where anything is possible - including stealing ...

I'm used to work with Dynamics Nav,
as a Microsoft that is naturally bound to be far superiour.
Anyway, tomorrow I'll be having my first SAP training,
as most companies use that instead of a propper MS product.
I doubt I'll like it,
but *sigh* what can I do?

Why didn't I have that before?
Programm completely seperated from Business, facultywise.
At least easy to avoid to avoid the popped up pink polo shirt collars.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-23 11:06:32 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-11-21 22:00
THAT'S what I've been telling my clients for years, but they wouldn't listen until they have a sec ...

Agent Everynowhere!

In today's world, small would be companies with under US$100 million turnover, with probably less than 200 workers! Hardly enough PROFITS to have proper FIREWALL SYSTEMS.

The NEW CHINA software industry will need to find a way to provide PROTECTION at LOW COST. There is probably about 600 million PC, main frame, super computer terminals in year X. This are the premium BUSINESS, with average PC/Terminal cost of probably US$500 or above!

The NEW PRIVACY protect systems needs to be AUTONOMOUS in nature, yet find a way to STAY CONNECTED to the internet for simple E MAILS, ONLINE RESEARCH or DIRECTORY searches.  Effectively MSN-INTEL monopoly has been BUSTED. <for good> It's been replaced by the TABLET computer with it's multiple systems - probably for the JOE PUBLIC, whose information also needs PRIVACY otherwise TYRANT STATES, REVENUE MERCHANTS or CRIME SYNDICATES could take advantage.

In RICH developed countries <EU, Britsh Club, USA, ATRS, China, Russia & Brazil-Argentina>, there will probably be very few DESPERATE CRIMINALS. Instead ORGANIZED CRIMINALS which looks out for the BIG PAYOFF. Police forces, ISD will have to be BETTER QUALITY STAFFED to be able to PROTECT their citizens from these new breed of criminals.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-23 19:50:27 |Display all floors
Agent Everynowhere!

I've been wondering, why do you call me this?

Hardly enough PROFITS to have proper FIREWALL SYSTEMS.

Proper firewall systems, such as m0n0wall or pfSense, can be downloaded for free and the according hardware is cheap, too. And I'm not chargin my clients so much that they'd need high profits!

The NEW PRIVACY protect systems needs to be AUTONOMOUS in nature, yet find a way to STAY CONNECTED to the internet for simple E MAILS, ONLINE RESEARCH or DIRECTORY searches.  

I found the best way of achieving this is by not connecting computers to the internet directly. You simply allow an RDP Connection to a server which itself is connected to the internet and do the web browsing, email checking and so on over RDP. RDP licenses are also not so expensive - I guess around USD 120 or so each. In order to surf anonymously, you might also use solutions like the tor project to access the internet - simply set up a tor router and route all connections via a SOCKS5 proxy through that router and you're perfectly anonymous.

The harder part is convincing companies that this is actually necessary, as most company officials hardly understand IT technology or cyber threats. Most companies don't even encrypt highly sensitive emails, so that their providers could read them easily if they want! Yet encrypting emails is so easy today, you can simply use gpg4win for encryption, add a plugin to your email client and there you go.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-24 23:42:39 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-11-23 19:50

Because he's a retard, maybe?
Another day of SAP Classes today,
and I still don't like it.
Can only hope that more business migrate to MS Dynamics NAV in the future.

As for GD's Concerns,
Heck, I've worked at a SME Crafts Business that was able to set up and run a propper IT.
So what excuse really is left there not to do so?
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-26 12:54:00 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-11-23 19:50

Agent Everynowhere!

I am now seeing ONLINE news over British Club, USA online media.
Appearing are PRIVACY INDUSTRY news.
It's a HUGE INDUSTRY, estimated to be worth US$500 billion by year X.

We know the world largest PRIVACY INDUSTRY centres belongs to SWITZERLAND, and BRITISH club OFFSHORE CENTRES.

Yes, I have done some THOUGHT myself.
One of the SAFEST IDEAS is to have a SOLE communication computer server linked ONLINE, while keeping the WORKSTATION, PC in the LAN SYSTEM autonomous INDEPENDENTLY from the ONLINE SERVER system. <Cheap tablet computers will be great for such functions - e mail encryption is useful only for LARGE CORPORATION internal communication systems, isn't it?>

The server delivers the E MAIL, while research on the INTERNET is on a COMMON IP system. <two screens on the work station, in effect. Cheap tablets will do well for SMALL ORGANIZATION> Large organization, uses DIFFERENT SOFTWARE, such as SAP, DIGITAL etc. <I am not sure what's available now, didn't really follow that industry>

PEOPLE MUST BE MADE AWARE of the dangers of PRIVACY INTRUSIONS.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-26 13:00:03 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-11-24 23:42
Because he's a retard, maybe?
Another day of SAP Classes today,
and I still don't like it.

Agent Lcsulla!

The USA GOVERNMENT is so LAME.
Use the COURTS to PROTECT PRIVACY, that's really a joke.
USA government INTEL agencies, REVENUE MERCHANT internal intel <note, even in the Malayan Federation, some of our Revenue Merchants Business Turnover reaches almost US$70 billion - almost as large as a small nation> units <basically SPIES>, AND worst is ORGANIZED CRIMINAL SYNDICATES, or even POLITICAL GUILDS.

You need GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICES.
<so don't tell me about you FANTASTIC "monitoring" systems, it's lame>

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-26 15:42:29 |Display all floors
Yes, I have done some THOUGHT myself.
One of the SAFEST IDEAS is to have a SOLE communication computer server linked ONLINE, while keeping the WORKSTATION, PC in the LAN SYSTEM autonomous INDEPENDENTLY from the ONLINE SERVER system. <Cheap tablet computers will be great for such functions - e mail encryption is useful only for LARGE CORPORATION internal communication systems, isn't it?>

In that sense, I am an Agent of privacy indeed

Personally, I encrypt all my emails to people who can decrypt them - because, as you probably know, western governments and internet providers are monitoring online communication, too. And I don't think that my (actually harmless) chats with friends or coworkers is of their business.
Encrypting mails is actually rather easy. Just search for "Gpg4win" online, if you wish to do so.

To me, privacy is something you can always improve. For instance, if you use FreeBSD (or Ubuntu) instead of windows, you already make it much harder for cyber criminals and hackers to monitor your computer activities.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.