Views: 10643|Replies: 10

If possible, would you prefer to be a housewife or an OL? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-12 13:42:06 |Display all floors
I happened to see an interesting survey result made by Gallup, that 70 % Chinese women are" either employed in some capacity or seeking employment." Ironically, more and more female friends of mine complained morn often than before about their carrer and expressed their expectations to be a full-time housewife, What's your choice?
Single choice vote, There are a total of 5 people participating in the poll
80.00% (4)
0.00% (0)
20.00% (1)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-12 14:27:31 |Display all floors
hm... work for a women is only in the office?

ladies are valuable workers also on lower positions. for example are much better in quality control, or precise assembling.

so maybe the question should be re-asked?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-13 09:26:34 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-11-12 14:27

ladies are valuable workers also on lower positions. ...

phew, you are right. Women could also work as hard as men and at a time I saw two migrant women workers in a building site and worked with other men.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-13 09:37:31 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-11-12 14:27

ladies are valuable workers also on lower positions. ...

Good point Whitebear.
How about self-employed women?
Or female business owners?
Becoming a stay at home housewife?
Don't argue with idiots! They will always win. First they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
When the power of love, overtakes the love of power,  the world will have peace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-19 09:53:20 |Display all floors
First of all, i dont think those women have choice about it, because in most chinese familly, both of the parren have to work to surpport their familly, especially with the astronomical high housing price and expensive food price and the cost for education. you should know that in China, people paying taxs by person, while familly in america,they pay by familly,you know what i mean? all in all, the stark reality is that the current chinese living-standard are not well enough to let those women to choose. i mean ,even in the middle class family.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-19 16:26:55 |Display all floors
I quite agree women to perform the roles, either housewife or office lady...
At less, i am supposed to be!
work for a woman, not only to earn money to live independent, but also recognize some people or make friends and learn some from them... communication so that you can not feel lonely or live alone.
back to discuss  the housewife, yes, as the historical reason,  the females are nature to be thought of housewifes by most of the men, cause they like it, and they want to find someone like so...
But it is unfair for the women, firstly they can not take high position or important role of  leaders...maybe the boss consider that the women will have a baby or afford them etc..
so when they after work, they should take care of their baby and do house work....i
It is extremly unfair..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-19 16:59:57 |Display all floors
actually most of women like to have their own carrer, but current job market in China is not good for woman, less opportunity, less promotion even with more contribution......comparatively, they prefer to make effort for their family

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.