Author: LoneAcorn

Planning to study in China? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-6 19:18:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LoneAcorn at 2012-11-7 08:10

7. Is passing the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) a pre-requisite?

Degree programs taught in Chinese will require foreign student applicants to have reached a certain level of Chinese language proficiency or pass a certain level of HSK before they are admitted.

Different programs require different minimum HSK level. Some requires a level 3, while others level 6. This is to ensure that foreign students can be able to understand the lessons, do their assignments and take exams.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-6 19:20:53 |Display all floors

8. Chinese Government Scholarship

If your HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) score is high enough, you may be eligible to apply for a Chinese government sponsored scholarship, which is available to assist international students studying at certain Chinese universities.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-22 09:30:16 |Display all floors

9. I would like to attend the Intensive Chinese Program (ICP) at Peking University for Spring semester 2013. On the website there are not much info. How did you apply? Where can you find the application form? I am a little confused, because I did not understand if I have to make the application online in the official website of PKU as the course ICP doesn't appear therein (Is it intended to be a short-term program)?

PKU's official website indicates their ICP will commence in March 2013.

Here's their official website:

http://english.pku.edu.cn

Upon entering, search under Schools & Departments, then locate School of Chinese as a Second Language. You'll see ICP on the first line on the left column under Announcements.

Requirements for admissions are listed but where/how exactly to get the application form is not clearly indicated, you may need to contact them directly. Contact details are available under CONTACT (upper right corner) or below ICP's webpage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-15 01:48:57 |Display all floors
From what I have seen most universities will require HSK 4 or 5 to do a Chinese language BSc there. I think HSK 3 would also be too low really to be able to do a university degree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-2 23:06:55 |Display all floors
welcome to China!
nice to meet u.i live in guangdong.
actually,Tsinghua University(清华大学)and Beijing University(北京大学)are well-known in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.