Views: 7564|Replies: 14

Where's the future of "made in China"?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-31 11:56:55 |Display all floors
          Products made in China has been hot for a while,because of the low prices mainly. But now we are losing this advantage, the manufacturing cost is rising because of the rise of labour cost, exchange rate against USD. So many multinatinal companies are shifting their factories to Vietnanm,Indonesia, India,etc. Even Foxcoon, a dull OEM manufacturer is shifting its factory to Brazil(or some other countries with lower costs). And the industries like furniture,building materials,etc are of little profit in export because of the fierce competition in domestic markets.
           There are so many signs that are showing to us, made in China is no more cheap. So if the Chinese manufacturer still want to make some profit, the only way,as I believe, is with industry innovation, to make something new,something different, something better or best in quality compared with foreign counterparts. All the Chinese industries need and have to focous on their products innovation as well as marketing. One day when there are as many scientific research  personnels as sales persons in China, will be the day for made-in-China to be booming again!!
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 12:06:41 |Display all floors
One day when there are as many scientific research  personnels as sales persons in China, will be the day for made-in-China to be booming again!!

guess nowhere, in no country, are as many researches equal to sales-people
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 13:36:58 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2012-10-31 12:06
guess nowhere, in no country, are as many researches equal to sales-people

Equal is just an exageration,somewhere near is enough. I think soon it will be a technician era
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-1 09:44:34 |Display all floors
The future of "Made in China" would be "Create or Innovate in China" as you said, something like Huawei which made its own processor like K3V2 and Alibaba made the Cloud OS Aliyun. However the overall progress is still slow as its animation, gaming industry, automobile and such are nowhere to be seen. Heavy stuffs like space programme and military is ok but soft power is much more important being the best income generator.

China should also invest huge amount of money in robotic technologies to replace most of those factory workers while "upgrade" some of them as technician and engineer to maintain the robots. Of course such technologies are important for other usage like UAV drones, rescue operations and domestic purposes. What I'm trying to say is China should not lose all its manufacturing capabilites but retain as much as possible rather than rely on other countries for cheap labour.

If China become a great soft power I think "Made in China" no longer makes people think the quality of the product but rather it's the brand itself that defines the quality.

Today people would say, "oh made in China, not sure it would last" but in the future, "Made in China? What brand is it? Lenovo? Good quality".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-1 14:59:25 |Display all floors
Brazil is more expensive than China, so I doubt Foxconn moved there for cheap workers - they probably just want to access the local market.

Anyway, if China wants to be more innovative, it has to educate innovative people and create a society that is built on mutual respect and understanding. As long as children only learn stuff by heart in school but don't learn proper ways to interact with each other or work in teams, you won't see much innovation in China. If someone is reluctant towards taking responsibility, keeps blaming others, doesn't see that other people are his most important ressource, doesn't believe that what eer happens is happening for a reason and serves him or only lives for money, rather than for values and principles, he won't be successful - neither in the west nor in China. So China needs to breed more successful people with successful believe; China needs more "real men".

The political circumstances that forster innovation will follow, and so will the economic growth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-2 09:44:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-2 19:21:56 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2012-11-2 09:44
Made in China will continue to be around for generation to come.  There is no countries in this worl ...

Makes sense
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.