Views: 18430|Replies: 56

China’s political reform: What lies ahead?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-30 14:54:30 |Display all floors

As China's once-a-decade leadership transition is around the corner, calls for political reforms have reemerged among Chinese media, intellectuals and public. In fact, there’s an overall consensus that China urgently needs political reform to deal with the rapidly amounting problems of corruption, abuse of power, rising crime and inequality.

What political systems do you think China should adopt? Is a Western-style multi-party system suitable for conditions in China? How to promote democratization through its political reforms? What lies ahead for China’s political reforms? Please share your views with us.

Related topics:
What roles do you think CPC plays in China?
What are your expectations for China's new leadership?

We want to hear from you

What role should China play in global affairs?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-10-30 15:39:47 |Display all floors
I'm a foreigner and I firmly believe that giving advice or recommending what's the best way to go is an expression of arrogance and assertiveness.

It's China and her citizens who have to find the right way to speed ahead into the future. Advice from abroad is ALWAYS selfish and in 99,9% not meant to be the best for China. In so far I give an advice, do what you think is the best for the future of your country. I trust that the new generation of leaders has been chosen carefully to face any challenges in particular from abroad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 16:29:09 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-10-30 15:39
I'm a foreigner and I firmly believe that giving advice or recommending what's the best way to go is ...

Thank god for some sanity at last on this forum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 09:33:53 |Display all floors
Stated this in the thread "What roles do you think CPC plays in China?" thread - but it looks like one is going the way of Library of Alexandria... so let me say this again:

This is not going to be answer that some folks will like but... {deep breath} ... the one major role that the CPC plays in Chinese Society more and more, like "Republicans"/Warlords and Emperors of old, is excuse.

An excuse that citizens can use, much like those that lived under monarchs, tyrants, dictators, and oligarchs, when something negative is affecting the country (even something that was self inflicted) there is "no one to blame, but {fill in blank}".  Worse yet is abducation of personal, family, and any other sort of responsibility - because there is the excuse that {fill in the blank} is in charge, let he/she/them deal with it.

Think what some may about what has occured elsewhere in the world - those groups that have reduced the number of excuses in how to interact with their governments, or even participating in their governments, have seen the less issues - regardless of the amount of interaction and/or participation, if any, actually occurs.  For with no excuses available - blame is shared equally and with just reason.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 09:36:57 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-10-30 01:39
I'm a foreigner and I firmly believe that giving advice or recommending what's the best way to go is ...

Yet the question has been asked, politely, at the China Daily Forum - which serves as a bit of a sounding board for those powers to be in Beijing and the 'Sino-Centric' community (English Speaking).  As long as the answers are polite - they be taken, reviewed, accepted, rejected, etc. as the powers to be see fit with no regards of malice on either end.

I find it a good sign the questions are asked at... must like running this forum. :)
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 10:39:09 |Display all floors
Maybe the author is a spy of CPC. So I don't want to say anything.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 10:51:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by kzmz8175 at 2012-10-31 13:14

I do believe the leadership transition at this time is significant for the whole country and its nationals, but I do not expect too much about any suprise the new leader will bring for us as the basis of the whole political structre is hard to alter.

I wanna to add something. The current Chinese government  has lost its competitive partners. Compared with bipartisan system of the US, the current Chinese political system and CPC do not really care much about the lives of Chinese citizens as they don't need to.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.