Views: 11351|Replies: 15

Of interest to laowai considering marriage   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-29 17:16:01 |Display all floors
This article is too long to post but here is the link http://www.ministryoftofu.com/2012/10/what-consequences-a-laowai-foreigner-must-accept-if-he-marries-a-chinese-woman/

And here is an extract:
Chinese wives were born with a mission to transform men. Not only does she try to transform you, she wants to own you and have total control over your entire schedule. No wonder that China cannot produce a navigator/explorer like Christopher Columbus, because even before you set sail, your wife starts inquiring, “Where? With whom? Any woman on the ship? How old is she? What does she look like? As pretty as I am? How did you know her?” Then the man can only reply, “Okay, okay. I am not going.”

Amusing but from experience I can attest to a ring of truth.  {:soso_e107:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 08:49:43 |Display all floors
I read the article in Chinese,because it was once on MSN news headline. The article is fun,but quite exagerated. About the action of the parents-in-law,it's not usual. About the so many questions of the wife,some women do that,but many women ask in a clever,not so obvious way. The article is funny,but it's not seriously true.
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 09:56:06 |Display all floors
So, leave Chinese women alone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 10:58:43 |Display all floors
zheng he was sailing the world be4 columbus. nice try.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 13:39:54 |Display all floors
This only sounds like a cry for help on a mismatch marriage.

Dude, not all marriages are like that I am sure.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-30 15:21:19 |Display all floors
hm... not exactly

sailors for a long time don't allowed women on board, I think the same was in China...?

but I heard, that they was in America before Columbus, about the time when Vikings in Canada, or something like that... so maybe wife of Columbus was worst?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 20:31:00 |Display all floors
  some people is too much of an amusementoh my god
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.