Author: SMITHI

Majority of Americans racist – poll----Russia Today   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-28 08:33:04 |Display all floors
Racism and ethnic discrimination in the United States has been a major issue since the colonial era and the slave era. Legally sanctioned racism imposed a heavy burden on Native Americans, African Americans, Asian Americans, and Latin Americans. European Americans (particularly Anglo Americans) were privileged by law in matters of literacy, immigration, voting rights, citizenship, land acquisition, and criminal procedure over periods of time extending from the 17th century to the 1960s. Many non-Protestant European immigrant groups, particularly American Jews, Irish Americans, Italian Americans, as well as other immigrants from elsewhere, suffered xenophobic exclusion and other forms of discrimination in American society.

Major racially and ethnically-structured institutions included slavery, Indian Wars, Native American reservations, segregation, residential schools (for Native Americans), and internment camps.[1] Formal racial discrimination was largely banned in the mid-20th century, and came to be perceived as socially unacceptable and/or morally repugnant as well, yet racial politics remain a major phenomenon. Historical racism continues to be reflected in socio-economic inequality,[2] and has taken on more modern, indirect forms of expression, most prevalently symbolic racism.[3] Racial stratification continues to occur in employment, housing, education, lending, and government.

Many people in the U.S. continue to have some prejudices against other races.[4][5][6] In the view of the US Human Rights Network, a network of scores of US civil rights and human rights organizations, "Discrimination permeates all aspects of life in the United States, and extends to all communities of color."[7] Discrimination against African Americans, Latin Americans, and Muslims is widely acknowledged.[8] Members of every major American ethnic minority have perceived racism in their dealings with other minority groups.[9][10]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-28 08:35:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-10-28 08:35
JFenix Post time: 2012-10-28 08:12

i guess yellow terror is replaced with islam?

but make no mistake Amerikkkkkkkkk never has been without terror or terrorists...............if is not blacks it is yellow , if is not yellow i tis red terror, if is not red it is Irish terrror and cahtolics, if is not tham than somebody else........Amerikkkkkkkka can't exist without hate and enemies ...........and you know it jfenix

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-28 08:43:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-10-28 08:57

look , things improved of course as far as racism is concerned , laws are put in place so you can't shoot blacks anymore for fun as in "good old days" ..............

but how much of it is cosmetic improvemant , improvemant for show and how much is substantial and real?

we still have gang wars over the slums of Chicago, Detroit or LA for that matter...........

i mean is it enough to declere we have no racism anymore?

i think not , lot of work have to be done to make it real, why coloured people present 80% of prisoners in USA?

from  gulags that have 3 million people we can clearly see coloured are more than overrepresented................etc etc etc

it is rather interesting phenomena indeed...........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-28 08:56:35 |Display all floors
Majority of Americans racist – poll
27 October, 2012

Hm... it would have been nice actually dig a little and find the original story...

ht tp://bigstory.a p.o rg/article/ap-poll-majority-harbor-prejudice-against-blacks

... but given that no real numbers were given like how many people were surveyed, or where they were surveyed (but given the pollers in question - I have a few ideas), I tend to treat this as another "Dewey Defeats Truman" Story.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-28 08:59:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tradervic at 2012-10-27 18:59
SMITHI Post time: 2012-10-27 18:43
look , things improved of course as far as racism is concerned , laws are put in place so you can't  ...

we still have gang wars over the slums of Chicago, Detroit or LA for that
matter...........

As the late great Rick James said, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".  It is also hell of a business, much like opium trade in Russia and Europe.

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-28 09:01:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-10-28 09:05
tradervic Post time: 2012-10-28 08:59
As the late great Rick James said, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".  It is also hell of a business ...

yes cocaine mixed with colour of skin and dollar is deadly coctail..add to it right to have weapons guaranteed by constitution and off you go ................hell on earth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-28 09:09:07 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-10-27 19:01
yes cocaine mixed with colour of skin and dollar is deadly coctail..add to it right to have weapon ...

Seeing the law enforcement in South and Central America, Europe, and Russia... it could be a hell of a lot worse.

But what is the old line of thought - as long as it is not in my backyard... the {fill in the blank here} can do what they want to themselves...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.