Views: 6700|Replies: 16

China’s oldest “comfort woman” dies at 91 after 20 years of no avail   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-14 15:43:05 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Yin Yulin, the oldest Chinese “comfort woman” for Japanese soldiers during World War II died last week in her hometown Zhengjiazhai Village near Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province at age 91. Yin’s funeral was held by her family on October 12.
According to Yang Guirong, Yin’s only son, Yin Yulin was diagnosed with pleural effusion on October 1 and has been very sick afterwards. She passed away on October 6.

Yin Yulin started appealing to Japanese government in 1992. She came forward in public to testify as a victim of Japanese invasion, a sex slave of the Japanese army. Yin went to Japan twice but both court verdicts refused to accept her claims.

Zhang Shuangbing, an expert on “comfort women” cases, said that most victims died or still alive but suffer from pain or illness, which makes it very difficult in the lawsuit against Japanese government. Only 6 victims out of 16 in the original lawsuit of Shanxi “comfort women” are alive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-14 15:43:38 |Display all floors

A funeral of China’s oldest “comfort woman” Yin Yulin held at her hometown in Shanxi on October 12. /Picture by Chinanews.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-14 18:33:38 |Display all floors
It just gets me CRAZY thinking about how miserable this old grandma used to be in her youth! And her sad lifetime in this world! Japan should apologise,the least to do!!!
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-14 19:12:33 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-10-14 19:07
My youthful life under the reign of the British in colonial Hong Kong dared no better dear lady!
I ...

History changes. But some Hongkong people seem to like the British? Everybody hates or loves for a reason, I believe you have yours. But still,seems like some hongkong people like britain,i don't know. They brought something good, but slavery is a hurt to people's dignity
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-14 19:52:11 |Display all floors
Saw on satellite TV just last 2 months when an old Japanese ex-soldier was interviewed on his role during the 2nd WW. He has the cheek to admit that he was one of the soldiers who took advantage of "comfort woman". His reason for doing so was that, "Everyone Japanese soldier did it, so it is alright for him too". He now enjoys his old age in the safety & comfort of his homeland.

Use magic tools Report

October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-15 17:20:30 |Display all floors
Sad! very sad! The senior chinese lady must have had nightmares later, after , all her life. I feel the pain when I imagine what might had happened back then.
God bless her soul, Amen!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-15 17:25:38 |Display all floors
how many teebetans refugees died without see again their home, what is good for others is not ok for you!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.