Views: 7876|Replies: 17

What's the worst customer service you've had in China?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-10-12 17:05:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sunnylin01 at 2012-10-12 17:06

Even as a Chinese, I don't expect much of customer service. To be honest, customer service is practically non-existant in China. This is true for almost all the businesses, banks, real estate company, shops. When somthing goes wrong, it seems no one wants to take the initiative or responsibility of helping the customer solve the problem. Maybe it is understandable with China's 1.3 billion potential customers. A friend who lives in the US told me that she was surprised by how well she was treated by Americans. Have you ever had a frustrating customer service in China? What's the worst customer service you've had in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-12 17:22:13 |Display all floors
Should have visited the old government department shops like I did in the mid '90s
like the saying goes "Cant complain about the service.As there isn't any"

eveything is better now.
the US has always had the reputation for excellent service regarding the customer.always used as a good example for other counties to follow.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-15 09:17:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by kzmz8175 at 2012-10-15 09:18

That people get good customer service in US is just for the small population of the country. I believe people feel fine when they are shopping at stores overseas but mostly in China it is not always happening.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-10-15 09:38:08 |Display all floors
It was on my way to China aboard a Cathy Pacific 747.
The flight attendant was handing out forms to fill out for customs upon landing.
She asked me if I would be traveling on to China and I said 'yes'.
She gave me some forms but failed to give me all the necessary forms she had in her hands.
When I tried to go through customs it was pointed out I didn't have all the forms I needed.
I told the customs agent the flight attendant told me this is all I needed but the brain dead
fight attendant was wrong. So I had to go back to the tables at the back of the room and
fill out the form the brain dead flight attendant didn't give me.
I don't know why the brain dead flight attendant asked me if I was traveling on to China if
she didn't have any idea of what forms to give me in the first place.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-15 11:12:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-15 11:21:49 |Display all floors
In my personnel experience, the customer services on the train is the worste one. The food is expensive, the toilet is dirty, the railway carriages are over crowded sometimes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-15 12:15:14 |Display all floors
Two years ago, I bought  a apir of shoes and I wore them for a few hours, but I found they were too small for me. So I went back to the shoe store and asked for another one. To my surprise, the shop assistant changed for me.

Of course, I also had some unhappy experence for customer service. For example, I bought a cell phone before. One day it didn't work suddenly. I went to the cell phone shop and asked for help. He told me I had to pay for repair even though it was in maintenace period. He insisted that I had done something wrong. In fact, it wasn't my fault.

I  have never bought that brand phone since then.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.