Views: 13796|Replies: 34

Are Chinese people becoming more irritable?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-10 10:28:31 |Display all floors
A recent surge in fights between passengers are witnessed on buses, planes and subways, sparking heated discussions online. In Beijing, an old man allegedly collapsed and died after a quarrel with a young woman at Lishuiqiao Subway Station on Subway Line 13 on Monday evening. Meanwhile, a bloody fight over a seat broke out Sunday evening between two men on Subway Line 4 in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province. In the skies, a flight bound for Wuhan, Hubei Province, erupted into chaos after a passenger stood on another person's seat without taking off his shoes when he was reaching for luggage in the overhead compartment.
What's behind the surge in travel violence? Why can't people be more civil toward each other? Why are people becoming more irritable over such a trivial thing?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-10 10:39:54 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-10 10:43:28 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-10-10 10:39
The problem is real, and growing, manners and compassion are rare today in most younger people,every ...

While i largely agree with you guys, i must say that...

I am losing my faith in humanity a little more each day.

This isn't a problem of humanity, it's a culture problem.

Culture is your operating system.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-10 10:55:42 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-10 10:56:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vincent01 at 2012-10-10 10:56
raton Post time: 2012-10-10 10:39
The problem is real, and growing, manners and compassion are rare today in most younger people,every ...

I completely agree with you. Morals are declining, people do not care others, and lose faith in everything they once believed. How am I disappointed with the society!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-10 11:00:53 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-10-10 10:55
Humanity is accomplished through his education.  A true culture does not inculcate arbitrary and a ...

Ok, you got me, education and culture then. :S

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-10 12:11:07 |Display all floors
these things are too common in our country.
only because these incidents happened in sensitive public transportation system, can they attracted so much attention.
similar things may happen everyday!

in nowaday's college education, one of the least attractive lessons must be education on ideology, so it is with no surprise to see people quarrel with, or have a fight with each other anywhere.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.