Author: chinsyou

Peaceful Co-Existence in Middle East   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-14 14:58:04 |Display all floors
Peaceful co existence...nice words.....as long as it is just words, no action.

Zionism is a political system built on apartheid and racism.
There is no place for Zionism in modern world and by extension, no place for Israel in its present form.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-14 15:03:43 |Display all floors
horatiokim Post time: 2012-12-1 09:14
Chinsyou,

It might seem that way but the Middle East has always been a hotspot. The only reason the U.S is so involved is to try and keep it stable to access oil but has been failing in some key areas. I think as the U.S becomes more and more energy dependent they will care less and less about the Middle East. China is rapidly growing in its purchases of energy from the Middle East and soon China will be trying to keep it stable and secure for it's energy. It will be interesting to see if China will maintain its current approach in foerign policy when its energy sources are increasingly at stake.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-14 15:07:14 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2012-12-14 13:59
I think everybody where coexisting together, till the European colonial powers intervened, in Africa ...

Wrong. The middle East has always been fraught with wars and conquest. The most peaceful times were after it had been conquered by great powers such as the Arabs or Ottomans. Africa was a constant land of warring tribes before European intervention.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2012-12-14 15:38:26 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2012-12-14 15:07
Wrong. The middle East has always been fraught with wars and conquest. The most peaceful times wer ...

Your ideas are very simplistic, the European colonial powers, where a great disabling influence, creating boarders foreign laws and culture  for their new colonies to plunder. Destroying the local culture and local laws. This is only a start. Ottoman Turkish was the official language of the Empire. It was a Turkic language highly influenced by Persian and Arabic. The Ottomans had three influential languages: Turkish, spoken by the majority of the people in Anatolia and by the majority of Muslims of the Balkans except in Albania and Bosnia; Persian, only spoken by the educated; and Arabic, spoken mainly in Arabia, North Africa, Iraq, Kuwait and the Levant. In the last two centuries, usage of these became limited, though, and specific: Persian served mainly as a literary language for the educated,
Before adopting Islam (a process that was greatly facilitated by the Abbasid victory at the 751 Battle of Talas, which ensured Abbasid influence in Central Asia) the Turkic peoples practiced a variety of shamanism. After this battle, many of the various Turkic tribes—including the Oghuz Turks, who were the ancestors of both the Seljuks and the Ottomans—gradually converted to Islam, and brought the religion with them to Anatolia beginning in the 11th century.
The millets were the major religious groups that were allowed to retain their own religious laws, traditions, and language under the general protection of the sultan. As early as the reign of Mehmed II, extensive rights were granted to Phanariot Greeks, and Jews were invited to settle in Ottoman territory. This non-assimilative policy became a weakness after the rise of nationalism.

The lifestyle of the Ottoman Empire was fragmented, as the millet concept enabled many to coexist in a mosaic of cultures. The culture that evolved around the Ottoman court was known as the Ottoman Way, which was epitomized with the Topkapı Palace. There were also large metropolitan centers where the Ottoman influence expressed itself with a diversity similar to metropolises of today: Sarajevo, Skopje, Thessaloniki, Dimashq, Baghdad, Beirut, Jerusalem, Makkah and Algiers with their own small versions of Ottoman Provincial Administration replicating the culture of the Ottoman court locally.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-14 20:06:33 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2012-12-14 15:38
Your ideas are very simplistic, the European colonial powers, where a great disabling influence, c ...
This non-assimilative policy became a weakness after the rise of nationalism.

I don't believe this.

Just how did the ottomans convert so many christians in bosnia and kosovo if they truly respected other relgions???

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-19 22:13:25 |Display all floors
peterpann Post time: 2012-10-9 02:07
While Jewish land shrunk, Arab land expanded eastward all the way to Bangladesh.

I'm afraid but that'll be Myanmar, sitting next to one of the world's most populas country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-23 10:33:46 |Display all floors

About current bloodshed in Syria

This post was edited by chinsyou at 2013-7-20 16:24

We see conflicts & chaos in just about every regions on earth, not just in Middle-East. Syria is rich in manpower, resources, culture & diversity; there's enough pies for all.

I hope this current bloody situation ends soon and start rebuilding the country for all citizens.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.