Author: LoneAcorn

Improve your spoken English: Total Immersion Method   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-11 19:08:49 |Display all floors
desperado123 Post time: 2012-10-11 16:12
dictation is a good way to learn English, you guys can try it.

Agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-11 23:06:55 |Display all floors
desperado123 Post time: 2012-10-11 02:11
hard to find a english speaking buddy, haha. most want to find a native-english speaker.

Communicating with a native speaker is good; however, not all the native speakers know how to help you improve your English, and a lot of them don't have the teaching skills or patience.  They might just tell you to accept the way you are.

Learn English from someone who was in your position before can give you a lot of helpful tips based on their learning experience.  They are patient and understanding.  They push you to reach your greatest potential because they know you can.

Practice English together as a group is a good way to improve speaking and listening skills, but you should always have at least 1 person who has a good command of the language.

I hope this is helpful to you or your friends.
http://www.helpmyenglishsucks.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-12 09:14:54 |Display all floors
lhavro Post time: 2012-10-11 23:06
Communicating with a native speaker is good; however, not all the native speakers know how to help ...

Thank you. you are an English teacher ain't you? have you any group to learn English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-14 22:24:50 |Display all floors
I'm not a teacher by trade, but I can help people to improve their English skills.

What do you mean - "have you any group to learn English"?

http://www.helpmyenglishsucks.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-17 18:58:30 |Display all floors
I agree your arguments.
But persons around me are not like Englis and if I speak Englis, they would feel I am strange and unusual. As a result, I have no ideal to speak English with them. Now, I keep some English materials in mind and speak them on my own. I believe that it is a method to practice the speaking English. Am I right?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-4-26 09:25:38 |Display all floors
redapples Post time: 2014-3-17 18:58
I agree your arguments.
But persons around me are not like Englis and if I speak Englis, they would  ...

This is a way to practise. You can even record it using your smartphone for example, then play it back to listen if your pronunciations are clear and correct.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-6 21:27:23 |Display all floors
Immersion methodology is more or less grammar translation method, where you translate first language into a second language or where rules in grammar is translated into the second language .
So Immersion methodologies emphasizes on using a particular  language to explain the target language .That is Immersion approach .So I don't know what you mean by getting people speak to each other .
Its raining in Gz now just indoors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.