Views: 20269|Replies: 123

13.6% of women sexually harassed on subway   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-7 11:13:07 |Display all floors
Updated: 2012-09-06 15:22 ( chinadaily.com.cn)

More than 80 percent of people think sexual harassment exists on the subway according to a poll reported by China Youth Daily.

The poll was launched by a social investigation center affiliated to China Youth Daily of 9,617 people online, showing that 13.6 percent of people said they had been sexually harassed while riding the subway, and 81.9 percent agreed with the existence of the phenomenon.

The poll also shows that 59 percent of the respondents blamed women dressing scantily, less than the 60.6 percent of people who blamed men's bad manners.

Zhu Hongwen, a professor of sociology at Beijing Normal University said the way women dress should not be the reason for being harassed. "Men should respect women in public from a moral point of view," he said.

Zhang Qing, a white-collar woman who has been working in Beijing for four years, said the subway administration should enhance safety measures to protect women, like installing surveillance cameras and more police on duty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-7 11:25:52 |Display all floors
Greetings CD moderator!

I think it's UNTRUE what you said.
Men, like young females has active SEXUAL HORMONES.
I have notice that both MALES and FEMALES do masturbate especially in their TEENS.

In pack cities <those from 10,000 to 100,000/km density cities>, young females and males tend to be a little bit VOYAGEURING. You notice males will use the pack condition to push their ASSET onto the buttocks of a female, while the FEMALE will take advantage of younger males to RUB the MAMARY ASSETS on the shoulders of young boys!

Females feels INTIMIDATED only when an OLDER MALE does the same to them.
Therein lies the problem.
We can solve this by having a YOUNG FEMALE only rail car system.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-7 11:47:32 |Display all floors
Many young ladies dress up with very short skirt, I've seen often.

Even some mothers.

That might be a problem.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-7 16:11:15 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2012-9-7 11:47

Even some mothers.

No excuse for my fellow Men not to keep themselves in control and their hands away - just like I do as well.
And as, as I assume, still a majority of Men do.

Not a bloody excuse for pervs to not keep their dirty fingers off.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-7 17:16:17 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2012-9-7 11:25
Greetings CD moderator!

I think it's UNTRUE what you said.

If its reported as harassment thats what it is.

I take your point about ' older men ' though.

They might be less inclined to report handsome young men touching them up.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-7 18:42:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 29042012 at 2012-9-8 23:13

Now where is Mr. Liuyedao ?

In Manila they do not have a subway yet.

It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-7 21:09:05 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2012-9-7 11:47

Even some mothers.

Best defense is a rain coat with double zipper from head to toe.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.