Views: 20970|Replies: 30

Cross-border love - happiness or headache?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-4 17:05:47 |Display all floors

178_feature_di_giovanni.jpg

They say love has no boundaries, but do you believe cross-border romance can endure despite the geography, cultural differences and immigration issues?

With the advent of modern times we now truly inhabit a planet which is increasingly more of a collective "global village"-— the Internet serves to bring us closer together, and more travel to far-flung parts of the world on a whim of affection.

Have you ever been in a cross-border relationship? What barriers have you faced? Would your travel halfway around the world for lust? Share with us your stories of international passion and take our poll.

Is cross-border love?

Single choice vote, There are a total of 15 people participating in the poll
73.33% (11)
13.33% (2)
6.67% (1)
6.67% (1)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-4 17:48:27 |Display all floors
yes, there is love

long distances love is unique

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-4 17:49:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2012-9-4 17:51

To many factors in Your question, Voice, to simply answer ...

"do you believe cross-border romance can endure despite the geography" - yes, but if both parts have real possibility to meet on regular basis, otherwise - it is only "romance" but not a relationship of any kind.

"but do you believe cross-border romance can endure despite the (...) cultural differences" - this is not a problem, if both parts are open-minded, and not fixed ONLY on own culture (for example "my culture is better, no way to change")

"but do you believe cross-border romance can endure despite the (...) immigration issues" - in today's world there is almost no situation, when immigration issues could not be solved in the way, that allows both parties to establish relationship.

So - in theory, there are no "hard" barriers... more depands on persons themself.

I never was in "cross border romance", because I never looked for one. I prefere relationship "face to face", and I can not imagine to be "in love" with somebody known only by some letters, pictures, or talks.

Yes, this is "very romantic", but I'm not SO romantic to engage feelings that way.

More probably is in my case "love from the first meeting face to face", then "from first letter".
Not romantic enough? ;) Sorry... but this is the way I am constructed.

"Would your travel halfway around the world for lust?" - for lust? Never! Maybe for love, but I can not substitute that two words ;)

And what is the internet this time? The same, that letters, faxes, phones in "previous times" (Yes, I'm oln enough to remember it).
So, who prefered "romantic and distant love" in XIX century would also prefere it in XXI, I believe.
But as I said - not for me.

Sure. Internet, and phone are tools that helps to keep in touch in case of TEMPORARY separation (by mentioned geography etc...), but for me - can not substitute reality in any way, shape or form.

But mayby I'm just a strange Bear? ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-4 17:49:18 |Display all floors
everybody can ask to the Old Woman here

where is she?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-5 09:29:23 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-9-4 17:49
To many factors in Your question, Voice, to simply answer ...

"do you believe cross-border romance  ...

I quite agree with you
Yes, love could not be formed from the several talks or letters
If just love, maybe it is favorable, but for marriage, not enough.
Even face to face, it is also a long way to recorgnize somebady.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-9-5 10:26:50 |Display all floors
In my case it worked very well. Statistics show long distance marriages have about the same success
rate as more traditional marriages. Both have approx. a 50% success rate.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-5 10:30:55 |Display all floors
you shut up

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.