Views: 16404|Replies: 38

Mid-air fight forces Swiss flight to turn back   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-4 09:05:23 |Display all floors
A VIOLENT fight between two passengers forced a plane carrying 200 people from Zurich to Beijing to turn back at the weekend after more than six hours in the air, the airline Swiss said.
1.jpg

A pilot was forced to turn around a plane after passengers became involved in a violent fight. Picture: Thinkstock

"The two passengers were handed over to the police of the canton of Zurich after the Airbus A340 landed Sunday evening,'' Mehdi Guenin, spokesman for the airline, said.

According to the online edition of Swiss-German daily Blick, the two passengers were Chinese citizens, aged 27 and 57.
They are set to be interrogated by police today.

The plane was just east of Moscow when the pilot decided to turn it around, according to the spokesman, who said the pilot had opted to head back to Zurich instead of making an emergency landing in Moscow to avoid administrative difficulties.

Swiss put up the plane's 200 passengers at a Zurich hotel, before placing them on Beijing flights with other companies, since its own flight to the Chinese capital was already fully booked.

A spokesman for Zurich police said alcohol had played a role in the fight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-4 14:17:16 |Display all floors

the Swiss do know how to make people hate Chinese...

Estimated average flying times Zurich / shanghai is 10hrs 40mins...
after flying more than six hours, the airline Swiss decided to return
to Zurich; instead to continue for another 4 hours 40 minutes...to Beijing...

Would anyone in this forum explain to me why the Airline made 200 plus people
so VERY unhappy,
aside making them hate all Chinese...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-4 15:34:22 |Display all floors
shameless Post time: 2012-9-4 14:17

Estimated average flying times Zurich / shang ...

Can't you read the article?

the pilot had opted to head back to Zurich instead of making an emergency landing in Moscow to avoid administrative difficulties.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-4 15:43:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by grb at 2012-9-4 15:43

"A spokesman for Zurich police said alcohol had played a role in the fight."

They probably had 1 cup of beer each and the Asian Red Face took over.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-4 15:47:17 |Display all floors
shameless Post time: 2012-9-4 14:17

Estimated average flying times Zurich / shang ...

Don't worry,
wouldn't have worked without chinese giving people a reason to hate them,
and aside from that, the chinese are still indisputably the best in this discipline.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-4 16:20:40 |Display all floors
Estimated average flying times Zurich / shanghai is 10hrs 40mins...
after flying more than six hours, the airline Swiss decided to return
to Zurich; instead to continue for another 4 hours 40 minutes...to Beijing...

200 passengers, none of them got a russian visa... how could the airline offer them a hotel for the night? And the two Chinese guys were probably also better off in a European than a Russian court...

However, I also find it unnecessary that they had to return - another 6 hours and they would have arrived in Beijing. Of course, an emergancy landing is much easier in Europe than it is in Siberia, but if I was the airplane's captian I would have taken that chance.

What I am really happy about was that the ariline itself didn't mention that the two fighers were Chinese - the newspapers had to interview other passengers to find that out. But I don't think anyone thinks that the nationality was important in this incident - there are also unruly passengers from Europe. A European friend of mine also has the habbit of always trying to start a fight when he's drunk... this kind of people exist everywhere. Probably the much more important factor was the amount of alcohol these guys consumed...

So I wonder - should an airline stop passengers from drinking?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-4 16:51:25 |Display all floors
This really does happen everywhere, especially when alcohol is involved. It makes perfect sense to return to Zurich in a situation like that. Even if you forbid alchohol on an aircraft, people will still drink in the airport beforehand, so situations like that are unavoidable.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.