- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 914 Hour
- Reading permission
School Shootings Linked to
Psychotropic Drugs Such as Prozac, Ritalin, Luvox, and PaxilUnited States House Committee on Education and Workforce Studies Ritalin! Tuesday May 16, 2000 NEW
SSRI's Linked To School Shootings- Many Shooters on Anti-Depressants
Journal of the American Medical Association shows 50% increase in Prozac with Preschoolers. 2/23/2000
Shyness Is Now A Major Disorder!
Other News Events Linked to Anti-Depressants
Reference Links to SSRI's and Violence
United States House Committee on Education and Workforce Studies Ritalin! - Tuesday May 16, 2000
From CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/05/17/ritalin.ap/index.html
On May 17th, 2000 the United States House Sub-Committee on Early Childhood, Youth, and Families looked into reported problems with Ritalin. There are problems with over prescribing, giving samples without proper diagnosis, stealing, and selling Ritalin in the school yard! Ritalin is an SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor) in the same category as Prozac, Luvox, Zoloft, and Paxil. With just a little investigation there is a definite relation between School Violence and kids taking these drugs!
I would hope that the Sub-Committee on Early Childhood is investigating this problem through up dating old education laws, would see the under-lying problem of violence and SSRI's. Gun Control Activists quote that there are 30,000 gun deaths a year (1998). Sixty percent of those, or 18,000 were suicides!
Wow, Incredible! Now figure that thirty percent of those suicides involve taking at least one other life! That's 5400 more deaths related to the suicides! Most of those that get to the point of suicide have had some sort of therapy, and today most therapy includes prescribing mood altering drugs.
Several thousand of those gun deaths are police officer justified shootings and a few cases of a private citizen legally defending themselves. So around 23,000 gun deaths a year are suicide related and another 3000 gun deaths are criminals killed in the criminal act, and that leaves 4000 gun deaths. Of this 4000 gun deaths left, over half are criminal versus criminal in a double cross, a drug deal gone bad, or inter-gang violence. That leaves about 2000 or 6.5% that were un-intentional shootings!
23,000 or 75 percent of gun deaths each year are suicide related, and people want to point at the firearm, when depression and how we treat it is the actual cause of the majority of firearm violence in this country! Most patients diagnosed with depression are going to be prescribed these Anti-Depressants and it's not over-dosing thatis the problem, it's abruptly stopping the medication! When an un-monitored patient abrubtly stops the medication, the suicidal and phsycotic emotions arise. The bigggest feeling is that of a lack of conscience, or an "I don't care" attitude and they can do anything to anyone they want!
The legislature needs to look at all these Anti-Depressants like Prozac, Ritalin, Luvox, Zoloft, and Paxil, and take a close look at the side effects and the follow up care that is taking place.
I would like the US Congress and the NH Legislature to read this article and check into this information so that maybe we can address the cause of the problem, which appears to be these SSRI Drugs and NOT GUNS!
Here are the last major school shooters and the link under each name is a reputable news source that connects them all with SSRI's (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Prozac, Ritalin, Zoloft, Luvox, Paxil, and others:
1) May 20 1999: T.J. Solomon, a 15-year-old wounds six at Heritage High School in Conyers, Ga.. http://add.about.com/health/add/library/weekly/aa052599.htm CNN Reports That T.J. Solomon was on Ritalin.
2) April 16 1999: Shawn Cooper, a 15-year-old sophomore wounds one at Notus Junior-Senior High School in Notus, Idaho. http://www.boiseweekly.com/archive/v7i42/cope/cope_col.html Reports that Cooper was abused and medicated.
3) April 20 1999: Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold kill thirteen and wound twenty three at Columbine High School. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/april99/antisocial04299.htm Eric Harris, The apparent leader of the attack had been on Luvox.
4) May 21, 1998: Kip Kinkel, a 15-year-old kills four and wounds twenty three at Thurston High School in Springfield, Ore.. http://www.drugawareness.org/washtimes.html Kinkle Had been taking Prozac.
5) March 24, 1998: Mitchell Johnson, 13, and Andrew Golden, 11, opened fire on their classmates and killed five and wounded eleven at Westside Middle School in Jonesboro, Ark..
Arkansas Online http://www.ardemgaz.com/prev/jonesboro/brygolden24.html Andrew Golden's Medical Records released to Courts but not open to the public!
From Jon Rappaport of the Truthseeker foundation: http://www.nfgcc.org/schoolviolence.htm A Doctor from Georgetown University commented on Network television that one of the boys had previously been treated for violent behavior. (Treated with what?)
AND According to Arianna Huffington the following events are linked to Anti-Depressants as well:
6) Julie Marie Meade from Maryland who was shot to death by the police when they found her waving a gun at them. http://www.ariannaonline.com/columns/files/070998.html
7) Ben Garris, a 16-year-old in Baltimore who stabbed his counselor to death. http://www.ariannaonline.com/columns/files/070998.html
8) Kristina Fetters, a 14-year-old from Des Moines, Iowa, who stabbed her favorite great aunt in a rage that landed her a life sentence. http://www.ariannaonline.com/columns/files/070998.html
9) Pfizer, The Manufacturer of Zoloft is being sued by a Kansas family for the Suicide of their 14 year old son on Zoloft. http://www.ariannaonline.com/columns/files/061099.html
10) The estate of Brynn Hartman, Wife of the Saturday Night Live Comedian, Phil Hartman, is also suing Pfizer, since Mrs. Hartman had been on Zoloft when she killed her husband and herself! http://www.ariannaonline.com/columns/files/061099.html