Views: 6033|Replies: 10

What if you found your husband is a gay? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-7-19 15:40:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by DSseeing at 2012-7-20 09:08

What do you think of a gay who gets married with a woman to cover his homo status?  
Translation:

A news broke out: In early morning on June 16, Luo Hongling, a Korean teacher in a foreign language school in Chengdu who just got enrolled for Doctoral education, jumped over from the 13th floor from an apartment building and died on sight.

25 days earlier, she found some intimate messages in her husband's phone. On May 21, when her husband surnamed Cheng was taking a shower, she happened to find another intimate message from a male surnamed Bao from Shanghai.
Luo Hongling had been a member of an online club by the name of "wives with homo husbands", she had been complaining about her misfortune in a Chinese forum "晋江论坛" from the moment she suspected that her husband was a gay until two days before she committed suicide. The last thing she said on that forum was : "Sisters, you are right,  my husband is a gay, he has been using me from the very beginning!"
Before this, when she found out the homo status of her husband, he texted her a message which says, "I feel ashamed of myself, I'm an a$$hole, Don't get broken-hearted, I'm not worth it".
In the evening the day before she died, she told her mom that she would divorce him. But at about 20:00, Cheng sent an Weibo message to appologize, "Miss Luo, I'm sorry, I'm a gay, I cheated on you, the reason of our marriage is that I wanted to conceal that fact that I'm a gay."
The next morning, Luo Yuling sent her last Weibo message: "This world is so tiring! Just let it finish, everything is gone!"
This is her Weibo link: http://weibo.com/u/2803036010
She said that in the first five months of their marriage, they made "love" for about 5 times. They slept seperately during Spring festival when they were back home in Chengdu.

Three months ago, she started complaining online that her husband was having sex problems. He worked out after work, and went  to take classed on weekends and tried to avoid her.
She said online everything seemed to be fine before marriage, he was introduced by a female friend of hers.
Big sigh for her.
She thought that with the phone messages and online records he will be put into the court for her death, I'm afraid that she would die in vain.
I wonder what law will protect her?

4ef0da1cf429482593047efc598fe9f2.jpg

luo Hongling

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 15:49:37 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 16:34:43 |Display all floors
Isn't she beautiful? what a pity

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-7-19 16:48:10 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2012-7-19 16:34
Isn't she beautiful? what a pity

Beautiful or not it doesn't matter. People age in time, beauty fades and they suffer.

What is sad is that due to societies oppression in China of homosexual men her husband had to conceal his sexuality from her and was obliged to be married. She is not the only victim in this. Both she and her husband are victims. He will have to live with what has happened for the rest of his life. No one wins in this situation, everyone looses.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 17:04:23 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2012-7-19 16:48
Beautiful or not it doesn't matter. People age in time, beauty fades and they suffer.

What is sad ...

lose-lose situation? I guess it is . The only solution is to legalize same-sex marriage, isn't it?

I don't think it's gonna work out in China due to the traditional reasons

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-7-19 17:51:20 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2012-7-19 17:04
lose-lose situation? I guess it is . The only solution is to legalize same-sex marriage, isn't it? ...

No, I don't think China needs to legalise same sex marriage. We in the west had a lot of education about homosexuality in the 80s with the rise of Aids as a lot of the more creative men in society started to die off, the shame was many of the deaths were needless.

Education is the key in China, educate parents that if their child is gay they will still look after them and that the causes of being gay are not fully understood, it's known it's not entirely genetic, nor is it due to the way a person is brought up so social conditioning doesn't explain it either. I know it's legal to be gay in China but the PRC Government needs to be more pro-active in pushing the message that being gay is not the end of the world for a family.

As an aside, many gay men in the West are still not "out of the closet", that is they still hide behind sham marriages etc.

The only solution I can see at present for Chinese gay people is like a couple I know in Singapore, both are homosexual, she's a lesbian and he's gay. They married and both have their partners over when they wish, however their families have no idea, they just think the couple cannot have kids. Yes it's deception, but at least no innocents have been hurt, no poor wife throwing herself off the balcony and recriminations to be dealt with.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 21:24:54 |Display all floors
I am very sorry to hear the tragedy.I think luo not the only vicitim in China because of homosexuality problem.Owning to the pressure from society consensus most gay would choose to  get marriage and so that could conceal their sexuality .But these action bound to involve some innocent people .And once the lies expose the innocent people would  suffered a huge blow.I can realise the depression of the decedent but I can't agree with her choise .After all,death is not a wise way to solve the proplem.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.