Chinadaily Forum

Forgotten your password?
 register

QQ登录

Views: 1744|Replies: 1

Campus Violence:Security guards to be remembered [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-7-7 09:41:31 |Display all floors

A knife-wielding man who killed two security guards and injured another at a university in southwest China's Guizhou Province earlier this week has a history of mental illness, local police said Wednesday.

A 30-year-old man surnamed Xu tried to enter Guizhou Normal University at 12:38 Monday. Security guards attempted to stop him from entering after noticing that he was brandishing a knife, said the police from the provincial capital of Guiyang.

Three of the guards were injured while fighting with Xu, according to witnesses. As it was lunch time, many students also tried to help.

"He wanted to beat me but he had to pick up his knife first. I felt that he was hesitating and I gave him a second kick," said Zhang Huaiqian, who kicked down Xu from the back.

Two guards died from their injuries at a local hospital, the police said. And university teachers and students have been holding series of commemorating activities in the days after.

"If it was not our security guards who brought the man under control, anyone could get hurt at that time," said Wu Junting, student in Guizhou Normal University.

"I really want to thank our security guards who risked and even sacrificed their lives to protect us," said Yan Jiafeng, another student in the university.

The criminal suspect Xu was apprehended by the police after injuring the guards.

Xu was found to have had an eight-year history of mental illness. He received treatment at the Guizhou Province No. 2 People's Hospital from November to December last year, the police said.

Xu was required to take medication to control his mental disorder but refused to take the medication regularly, the hospital's doctors said.

Xu was not medicated on the day of the attack, the doctors said

A further investigation into the case is under way.
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-7-7 09:45:05 |Display all floors
Life is what you make of it
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

Archiver|   

GMT +8, 2014-11-26 05:28

Contact Us :

Office number : 86-10-84883534 , 86-10-84883548   Email: chinaforum#chinadaily.com.cn, Switch the # to @ when you send email to us.

Back to the top