Author: Singularity

Chinese Girl in the American Ghetto   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-9 07:42:18 |Display all floors
i'd still rather live in the Chinese ghetto than in a posh american suburb. regardless of the crap that goes on in the ghetto, it's still more genuine than the posh suburbs. black americans, and hispanics, are always more open minded to Chinese culture than rich whites. When the second american revolution comes, you can count on the heros to come from the ghettos.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 09:22:00 |Display all floors
I hope you enjoy living in the ghettos with drug addicts and winos - getting raped, mugged or robbed every week. The only heros are those who worked hard to make a better life for themselves and family by escaping.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 10:02:39 |Display all floors
lionsclub Post time: 2012-7-9 07:42
i'd still rather live in the Chinese ghetto than in a posh american suburb. regardless of the crap t ...

Chinese ghettos in the US?

Really?

And did you not even read the story?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 11:20:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greendragon at 2012-7-9 11:21
seneca Post time: 2012-7-8 20:08
Interesting observations!

Captain Seneca

Birds of the same feather seems to gather together. The story of the MAINLAND Chinese <whether it's North eastern, Sichuan, Central Province or Northern Plain province Chinese> is an interesting story and CASE STUDY. Their route of migration to the United State must be of different routes too!

I am not very sure about the GHETTO story, and why this particular Chinese girl decided on such an option.

Like to find out more about this new trends.
<Just like the "surprise" I got, seeing Shanghai origin Chinese driving TAXIS in Sydney, opting for a different career route compare to earlier Guangdong, Fujien and Hakka Chinese who had earlier migrated to Australia>

Surely it'll interest a lot of people!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
2-00-1 alert! Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 13:01:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-7-9 14:48
This girl's account is too saccarine and reminds me of Amy Tan's KITCHEN GOD and other novels.

Captain Seneca!

Sure looks different from the ROUTE of the earlier CHINESE migrants from the ATRS states.
Most of those Chinese are middle class restaurant operators and their "illegal" workers!
There are few CHINESE restaurants, PERHAPS some take aways in the ghetto or black neighbourhood.

Migrant Chinese normally cluster together in Chinatowns or live in suburbia middle class neigbourhoods.
Something went wrong for the new COHORT of migrants.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
2-00-1 alert! Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 04:07:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by timbatu at 2012-7-11 04:09
JFenix Post time: 2012-7-8 20:20
What are you talking about?

Chinese immigrants are known here for their work ethic and they succe ...

If you have such a positive view of Chinese immigrants, why do you need the US Visa Bulletin to severely restrict them?

Or, maybe, you are lying.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 04:23:33 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-7-11 04:07
If you have such a positive view of Chinese immigrants, why do you need the US Visa Bulletin to sev ...

My only issue with immigration is that there are still disputed territories with little population.  It's best to keep them that way.  The more that moves in, the less chance that these territories can be returned.  

Also, I don't want this country to be over-populated.  We have a lot of natural beauty - would hate to see it all paved over for shopping malls.

I know you don't care about the land - but I do.  My opinion is heavily influenced by my connection with native americans.  I still think we need to consider their feelings and not ruin this country and all the land.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.