Author: E.T.

Chinese Medicine Vs. Western Medicine   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-17 00:26:52 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-5-16 20:46
and I am the only one to read it.......

100 views.
These sites will make China strong: Neoeugenics.com, Eugenics.net, Amren.com, Vdare.com, Toqonline.com, Theoccidentalobserver.net

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-17 00:27:45 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-5-16 20:45
well,

How can it be detrimental when it is already part  of the DNA?

What is part of whose DNA?
These sites will make China strong: Neoeugenics.com, Eugenics.net, Amren.com, Vdare.com, Toqonline.com, Theoccidentalobserver.net

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-17 00:44:44 |Display all floors
E.T. Post time: 2012-5-17 00:27
What is part of whose DNA?

aiyah, draw picture also you want to draw intestines meh?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-17 01:00:43 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-5-17 00:44
aiyah, draw picture also you want to draw intestines meh?

If you don't have anything rational to say, I kindly request you stop posting in my thread.  Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2012-5-17 11:34:36 |Display all floors
Frankly Chutzpah doesn't know what he or she is talking about.  Stem cell research and it's benefits have already been used commercially in the UK and Australia and there is no talk about the benefits of it's use being hundreds of years away in any medical journals that I read.

One thing I do agree with is that western ideas of medicine are way out of date. Almost every major pharmaceutical manufacturer is doing their best to evaluate traditional Chinese medicine and find out exactly what makes it work.  This does not bode well for the rest of the world as big medicine is all about symptomatic treatment of illness not cure or to put it another way the alleviation of symptoms not the curing of the underlying cause of an illness.   After all who wants to supply a medication that only needs to be taken for a few times to cure someone when you can have a patient for life and bleed them regularly for lots of profit with your symptomatic "cure".

As for the Chinese using stem cells as a standard medical procedure, yes they are for bone marrow transplants as is the case in the UK and Australia to name two other nations. So far this is the only application of stem cell research that has made it's way in to treatment.  This just goes to show that Chutzpah doesn't know what she or he is talking about.

As for research in the future, as China will eventually supplant the USA as the dominant economic power I for one would expect it to also over take the west in terms of medical research. This however is likely to take many years as high quality research requires not just well equipped laboratories but also high quality staff who can produce very high quality verifiable research.  An example of the problems in this area was highlighted in the last two years by Chinese officials when they showed that China has overtaken the USA in the total number of patent applications granted from research but the report also showed that the standard of research was lower than in the USA and the west.  Quality is far more important that quantity!

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-30 18:46:54 |Display all floors
This thread gives too much credit to China.  China is not doing most of the things mentioned in the opening post.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-30 21:29:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-6-30 20:59
I don't see what consuming vitamins has got to do with having a large family or how these two facts  ...

Do you use fish oil?  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.