Author: cd_moderator

Western media should be more professional   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2012-5-1 10:44:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-30 04:35
"Now, are you saying that the USA's government is better for the USA than the PRC's government is fo ...

Where did you learn to stereotype? You might as well write all Jews have huge noses and think of
nothing but money all day long.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-1 10:47:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-29 19:52
Thanks to our Western "cold-war"-schooled hacks I learnt about the SARS epidemic IN CHINA long bef ...

I never knew "cold war" hacks were the first line of defense against air borne diseases.
Are they the first to examine patients with respiratory problems in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-1 16:38:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-5-1 16:41

Unnamed sources is mainly designed to protect ''the source'' from reprisals! Surely you know this? The fact is a murder was committed, we are aware of the possible murdere, murder (s) now apprehended, and we know all this is true and approximate to reality as the Police Chief reported it! Now, if I were you, I'd be outraged that these so called ''communist party chiefs'' have been bedding 100 girls, drive MP24s and living like it was the last day of Soddom and Gomorrah!

If the Chinese media were able to do their job, mainly we will read Chinese papers for the salacious details! You doth protest too much
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-1 20:09:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-30 07:35
"Now, are you saying that the USA's government is better for the USA than the PRC's government is fo ...

The weaknesses you describe, patriachalism and ad-hock-ism, are found in America too, although to a lesser degree.  But maybe not to a lesser degree based on America's wealth and freedoms-- ie, for all our freedom and money, America is not doing so well in diminishing the patriachalism and ad-hock-ism.

One thing I've noticed since 1987 is that America's markets have faced regular volatility.  

In 1987, the market lost 20% of its value one October day.  
In 1992, we had a currency crisis in the summer.  
In 1997, we had the Asian currency meltdown (Ruble included).  
In 2000, we had the tech bubble collapse that began in March.  
In 2001, we had a recession.  
In 2007, we had the credit market freeze-up in the first week of August.  
In 2008, we had the mortgage market collapse in September.

That's 20 years with a calamity disrupting the normal functioning of our markets every several years

When Americans complain about China, their unspoken complaint is that China should be more like America.  I counter that America should be more like China, with low national debt, a strong economy, and rising incomes.  Then you say that's not fair.  Well, that is my point to those who say China is behind the times.  

龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-1 23:16:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-2 02:10:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-30 22:23
Tell that to the Chinese mods of this forum. Methinks they can not think for themselves; they alwa ...

You have the same childish answers as revolutionar. Are you from the same scout troop?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-2 13:23:49 |Display all floors
The author is a Shanghai-based independent international relations researcher

And I am the great Tutancheghun, King of the Moon, Prince of Darkness and Queen of Spades

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.