Author: cd_moderator

Western media should be more professional   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-29 19:26:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by NE_Tigress at 2012-4-29 19:26

You are lucky that you can not read what are in Chinese media, especially online media. You will suffer heart attack every hour by Chinese people's determination to safeguard the Huanyan Island.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-29 21:04:19 |Display all floors
repitele,in western media if you get it wrong one time your done,,,censer ship is not tolarated by a free country,we want the truth and the whole truth,any less your no matter wat news,papper channel or imfo source you provide to the people is consider not reliable,,we can handle the truth and deal with it.to sugar coat a story worthy of reporting is just wrong...people make life changing desissions in the west based on the imfo that we receive through the media,,they have to get it right when they report something..its not always perfect,,,but the western people no who is reliable,,and who is not,,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-30 01:31:25 |Display all floors
It must be devastating times for Chinese Journalists.

So many important things are happening around them (B o x i l a i, CGC, etc.),

people are starving for news and flocking to "illegal sources" in the net or Western sites,

and media like China Daily have been gagged !!!
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-30 01:42:02 |Display all floors
Western media are limited in their ability to report the news out of China in an accurate way.  They often rely upon "experts" were educated in the United States during the Cold War.  Their education is steeped in a Cold War mentality which presumes that the PRC government, because it is controlled by communists, is not the legitimate representative of the Chinese people.  

In the Bo case, the UK had pressured the PRC to act on the Heywood murder.  Also, Bo's henchman had fled to the USA consultate with a caravan of emergency vehicles rounding the corner behind him as the gates closed.  There is ample reason to believe that the CCP is not just denouncing a rising star, but is enforcing the rule of law.  

In fact, the western media first reported the Bo purge as a split between progressives and moderates.  If progressives and moderates split, then that means moderates and hard-liners are united.  Under this scenario, it would be in the interest of Cold War agitators to side with the legitimate complaints against Mr&Mrs Bo, and attempt to cast the middle-right alliance as tactical rather than strategic.  

Multi-party rule will come to China when it serves China's interests, no sooner.  That means instead of a split to the left, it will be a split to the right, with hardliners breaking from the center-left coalition when it serves their purpose.  Of course, with the center and right together against Bo and the left, it will be some time before that happens.

Good quality and honest dealing are as Chinese as Chairman Mao.

龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-30 02:01:29 |Display all floors
matt605 Post time: 2012-4-30 01:42
Western media are limited in their ability to report the news out of China in an accurate way.  They ...

left left right right.

you have everyone's head spinning.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-30 03:51:56 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-4-29 13:01
left left right right.

yes, left-right analysis is always contextual... maybe the better description is radicals for change on the left and reactionaries against change on the right, with moderates in the middle
龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-30 18:53:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by matt605 at 2012-4-30 05:55
seneca Post time: 2012-4-29 22:52
Thanks to our Western "cold-war"-schooled hacks I learnt about the SARS epidemic IN CHINA long bef ...

Yes, potentially harmful news about China does travel faster through the western media.  In America, our news about America doesn't travel so fast sometimes though.  Intelligence that Osama bin Laden was determined to strike in America reached the Oval Office five weeks before 9/11, but never reached the public.  Still, senior military officials canceled travel plans for that day and people were dumping airline stocks the entire week previous to it.  

Now, are you saying that the USA's government is better for the USA than the PRC's government is for the PRC?  Which government is deeper in debt?  Which government returns better economic growth each year?  

龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.