Set HomepageAdd a favorite

Chinadaily Forum

Forgotten your password?
 register

QQ登录

Views: 3528|Replies: 1

9-month fetus forcibly aborted by authorities for One Child Policy violation   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-31 17:10:36 |Display all floors
by Livinia
From Tencent Weibo
The news and picture came from a web posting in Baidu’s discussion forum: Family planning authorities in Moshan town, administered by Linyi city, Shandong province, forced a 9-month pregnant woman into abortion. According to the post, the baby “even gave a cry when it came out.” The family, on hearing the cry, went over to see the baby, before it stopped crying or breathing. Doctors pronounced its death.

The image shows the 9 month fetus lying dead in a bucket. Because the parents of the baby already have a child, the local government hunted them down and forced abortion, citing the One Child Policy, which is imposed on all urban Han Chinese families. The mother was restrained as doctors injected her with a drug to kill the unborn baby. But after the baby was dragged out of its mother’s body, it was still alive and began to cry, before doctors left it in a bucket and drowned it.
The post soon attracted public attention. An unidentified netizen condemned the local birth control office vehemently in his comment on the post:

I am from Linyi city. I know how dark the family planning authorities here are. Each village has a target set by the higher-ups that must be met. Besides, each village is also entitled to a fixed number of abortions as an extra. However, not all villages have eligible people, or this number of pregnant women. So officials responsible for women’s affairs of each village take the trouble to rummage about for pregnant women to induce abortion. As long as her hukou (family register) is in the jurisdiction, as long as she agrees to terminate pregnancy, the village will reimburse all her surgical costs and even mete out a monetary reward of 8,000 to 10,000 yuan (US1,270 to 1,580). If the set target cannot be met, the village will be faced with penalty. But how can there possibly be so many incidences? Most people these days do not want that many children. How can there be so many extra births? In this case, they pounce on mothers-to-be like vampires who see blood. Reckless of how old the fetus is, they force abortion. There are just too many things like that in Linyi. I even witnessed one myself. In the hospital, a pregnant woman was dragged by several ruggedly muscular men into the operation room and did not relax their vigilance until she was injected with the drug. They said, “Another one accomplished.” But that pregnant woman was near term! And her family did not even know she was kidnapped here. I later learned that she was captured when she was at a fair.

how do you think about this case?
read more: http://www.beijingshots.com/2012/03/9-month-fetus-forcibly-aborted-by-authorities-for-one-child-policy-violation/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 19:05:02 |Display all floors
Murder

Cold blooded murder

Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

Archiver|   

GMT +8, 2014-12-21 23:39

Contact Us :

Office number : 86-10-84883534 , 86-10-84883548   Email: chinaforum#chinadaily.com.cn, Switch the # to @ when you send email to us.

Back to the top