Author: UYA

Do Chinese "fear" the government?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-22 16:28:21 |Display all floors
向导户外-Lucy Post time: 2012-3-22 15:54
I love my country as a chinese although I can not change my nationality.It fell my lot to be a Chine ...

and if the government cannot provide peace, how do you sack the government?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 16:45:30 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-3-22 16:28
and if the government cannot provide peace, how do you sack the government?

well, I have a happy life. i needn't hand guns when i was yong. although i dropped off for 2 years because of lackage in money, however, i got the chance to be back to school again. i should thank my parents and other people who supoort me. we can not change the current situations why we bother ourselves to debate if china can support we each people?the problems themselves really exsit at present, if we can not hold the rights to change it we should at least be ourselves.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-22 17:15:50 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-3-22 14:28
today, The Chinese government announced that new lawyers and renewal of annual licences for lawyers  ...

that is interesting.......
not sure if CPC can do that....haha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 17:19:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2012-3-22 17:53
向导户外-Lucy Post time: 2012-3-22 15:54
I love my country as a chinese although I can not change my nationality.It fell my lot to be a Chine ...

If you LOVE your country......
Then you can help your country

There is nothing to fear from the government.......
If you love your country

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 18:28:22 |Display all floors
hmmmmmmm......now when I post, it reads...."please wait for verification"
Normal??????

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 18:35:16 |Display all floors
I believe many Chinese don't fear the goverment because the government is the way it is - they fear it because of their own limiting believe. Chinese people tend to think "they want to controll us", "we can't change anything by talking", "we must resisit, I won't leave my appartment unless they pay me more" and so on. I never had reason to fear the government - if I don't like something the government is doing, I gather people and companies who also don't like it and then negotiate a better solution with the government. This works in Europe, this works very well in the US and it also works in China.

Government officials usually don't want to harm their people - they want to have the best solution for everyone and are always happy if they get an opportunity to improve their solution.
However, many people go to the government thinking that the government wants to harm them. For instance, the government resists to let someone move back to countryside - then the conversation usually works out like this:
Citizen: "I want to move back to countryside, give me back my farmer hukou!"
Official: "I can't do that so easily..."
Citizen: "You government guys always annoy us, I am paying taxes, do you work, you have to serve the people!"
Official: "I am serving the people as good as I can! I do my job well! There are still many people waiting in the line and they have to wait because of you!"
Citizen: curses back...
and so on.

The citizen walks out thinking "Those government guys are really annoying, I won't pay taxes, stupid government..." and the official has a bad mood and treats the next citizen equally impatient.

If the citizen would have tried to understand the laws and regulation to work out a solution to provide the needed documents to the official, things would have worked out much better for both parties. But because the citizen believes that the government is bad anyway, he acts accordingly and is confirmed in his belief.
So better stay friendly when interacting with people - that's better for both parties. And usually, government workers can't change the law anyway - it's not their fault if something isn't possible, so don't blame them and rather work around it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 19:06:36 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-3-22 18:40
I have lived and worked in more than five countries, and believe you me, the USA is the place I fear ...

hahaha....
that is not fear of government, it is fear of the people

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.