Views: 167930|Replies: 692

Do Chinese "fear" the government?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-21 22:39:34 |Display all floors
Many foreigners and some citizens, have told me to be careful on the topics in my teaching. That there is a Chinese "boogie man" that watches what everyone does and says (like God), who will come to my door for saying nice things about China. When I ask them "has anyone from the government approached you about a topic in class or conversations outside class?" They say "no". Why so much fear?

Yes.........
Someone will talk to you if you start bad mouthing the country and waving the bible over your head. But most Chinese people LOVE their country. The standards of living has dramaticly changed for the better in the last 20 years. 500 million people have been lifted out of poverty. Chineses people know this and it could not happen unless China has "reformed". Is the government still that "paranoid"? How can any government improve without its citizens pointing out problems and offer solutions? China is strong enough to stand up to critics.

To be critical of the government with the purpose of making it look bad or to shame it, is one thing. To be critical of the government  with the intent of improvement is another.
A government can not last, if its citizens "fear" it.

IF YOU LOVE YOUR COUNTRY, YOU MUST ALWAYS LOOK TO WAYS TO MAKE IT BETTER.
{:soso_e178:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 04:05:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 04:18:07 |Display all floors
I also know many Chinese who fear the government, but I don't think it's necessary to do so. In China, you just need to have good relations with the government officials and you can do pretty much everything. More people in China should realize that they just need to openly talk to government officials so that information flows properly.

@UYA: why should somebody who loves his country not be able to fear the governments? Most Chinese I know love China, but also many of them fear being treated unfairly by the government...

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-22 08:13:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-3-22 08:26

Actually, You'd better ask "Do mainland Chinese "fear" the Party and government Officials?"

Chinese = Mainland Chinese + Taiwan Chinese + Hong Kong Chinese + Macau Chinese.

Mainland Ordinary Chinese often call Party and government officials by "Leaders"(领导) and "Parents" (父母官)。Mainland Ordinary Chinese often call themselves by "people without power"(老百姓), and "Sons" (子民)。

In mainland Chinese forums, many mainland Chinese often call themselves by "Slaves"(屁民) and call the party and government by "Heaven" (天朝).

freedom of thought and speech

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2012-3-22 08:25:03 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-3-21 12:05
The CCP government has it's own political survival and and financial well being of it's elite as it' ...

This goes for every government in the world you doofus.
The U.S. has a small elite group who pulls the strings from behind the scene. It's called the 1%.
They are the only ones who have benefitted from all the hard work of the 99% over the past 30 years.
The lower classes in China are now enjoying a much more improved life over the same 30 years.

Figure 3.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 08:55:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2012-3-22 09:11:54 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-3-21 16:55
I can see why you say what you do, to a limited extent maybe you are right. The top 1% in the US d ...

If all that is the case then why do you need hundreds of millions of dollars to even campaign for
your party's nomination for the office of president?
Not just anyone can realistically run for president and have a chance of winning.
Only two people have a chance of winning and both of those have been sponsored by the filthy rich.
Can you put two and two together?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.