Author: Astornomy

What Capitalism Has Done to the Caucasians   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-21 20:42:55 |Display all floors
Astornomy Post time: 2012-2-21 18:15
You believe in the idea of "Party hard, die early."  This is the West: consume aggressively, live  ...

No, that's not what I meant at all. I meant that if someone does the work, they deserve the rewards. Understand?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-21 22:12:24 |Display all floors
what has it done to Chinese,,or maybe you have the meaning mixed up with people who are too RICH
seeking wisdom and insight to peace in this world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 01:40:18 |Display all floors
Capitalism has created more misery, poverty, death and destruction around the world than Hitler ever dreamed possible.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 02:04:56 |Display all floors
Capitalism in the US became the culture of the brain washed masses before it began reducing them to poverty, homelessness, and unemployment. China needs to protect its people against this culture of selfishness, violence, greed, and lack of morals or integrity.
Of what use are billionaires to any country when that wealth could have been used to improve the lives of thousands of people instead of just one family.
Vast wealth produces corruption at the highest levels of government and should not be tolerated.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 02:16:51 |Display all floors
redob Post time: 2012-2-21 19:55
Thanks for being rational about things.
Some here like to jump at the chance
to insult another using ...

I respect you: you are good man: but, I don't agree with you:  I still think Caucasian software and hardware CEOs held back much human technological progress so they can make billions.  The CEOs destroyed competition, bribed politicians to not break up their monopolies and bribed them to not tax them much, and bribed them in hundreds of other ways.  I think Obama should give death penalty to many CEOs.  But, that is white people's business, not mine.  And I still no like Apple products.  But you are good man, and I give you virtual bow for being gentleman in forum.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2012-2-22 04:38:48 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-2-21 03:05
The thing is this, when commenting about the high salaries of CEO's etc; those folks obviously hav ...

Yes. That means billionaire Carlos Slim has worked about one million times harder than the rest of us.
The last time I checked we only have 168 hours in a week so it couldn't be that he puts in longer
hours. At least not that many more hours. If he worked 120 hours a week and stopped only to sleep,
go to the bathroom, and eat then that means while he's working, he's working 333,000 times harder
than the average person.
If the most virile man was this excessive by comparison he could impregnate the entire world in a few
years. The women wouldn't be very satisfied with only a few milliseconds of intercourse though.
Maybe this is why rich men must depend on their money to attract women.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2012-2-22 04:45:56 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2012-2-21 02:59
Hopefully just a joke

There was this International Conference on Taxation held in a European ...

Obviously a joke my friend. But how much better can you live, eat, play, sleep with
50 billion dollars than you can with 50 million dollars?
Is one person's vanity more important than the millions of people who's lives
could be made more bearable with this excess money?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.