Author: greendragon

China's strategy of arming allied states in the Indian Ocean is amazing!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-22 13:05:07 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-22 14:59
Why should the US back off? It's had established bases throughout the region, in part, since well  ...

If you can't see why the USA should back off, then I hold no hope for your ability to see what is truly needed for a peaceful world, The USA is leading us all to a not very happy future, it cares nothing for human rights except as a political tool, maybe once it did, but no longer.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-22 13:19:35 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-22 12:05
If you can't see why the USA should back off, then I hold no hope for your ability to see what is  ...

The US had established bases in the area first and fought a massive campaign to free those places at great cost. Do you think they'd not keep some sort of defense in depth in that area? A sort of tripwire you could say!
I believe that if the US backed off, they'd not have the ability to respond to any threat to it's allies and friends in the area, as quickly as they'd need to in order to stave off a larger conflict/crisis.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-22 13:21:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ronny at 2012-1-22 15:22

The biggest problem we face is when people think that what "the other side"does is bad, and that what "our side" does is only done out of necessity. wrong is wrong, we cannot in any way justify our hegemony, or the laws that take away our freedom and protection within our own countries. or the black prisons we create because it would break our own laws and give the prisoners some rights and protection from being tortured etc if those prisons were in our own country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-22 13:25:37 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-22 15:19
The US had established bases in the area first and fought a massive campaign to free those places  ...

The USA could, does, and would. If you think these middle eastern wars were just about freeing the people, or about terrorism, then maybe you need to take another look, widen your mi-optic view

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-22 13:34:36 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-22 12:25
The USA could, does, and would. If you think these middle eastern wars were just about freeing the ...

I know full well what the wars were about having participated and led troops in each and every one of them.
No, not being pedantic....it's spelled; "myopic".....just trying to help....sorry if it appears more than that!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-22 14:00:10 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-22 15:34
I know full well what the wars were about having participated and led troops in each and every one ...

Damn i wrote it more like that way the first time, but let the spell checker do it . LOL

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-22 14:04:18 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-22 15:34
I know full well what the wars were about having participated and led troops in each and every one ...

This explains a lot, I have known many like you in my work.... before my retirement.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.