Author: greendragon

Can China catch up on military technologies?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-14 16:00:38 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2012-1-14 12:27
Well it's true.

Look at the US for example. When Bush senior went in to liberate Kuwait their mil ...

I highly doubt any naval unit from another navy will get close enough to even try to damage a USN carrier. Yes yes, we know about the Chinese submarine incident and I can tell you all now, that problem has been addressed.....and a nasty surprise will be in the wind, or currents in the case of a SSK/SSN if that happens again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 23:43:24 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-1-14 03:36
no, spent China's gold. It was a clever ruse dreamt up by the US actually. We will use your saving ...

never let it be said that I accord my elders no respect and in the spirit of the aforementioned, I sit corrected and the boy was not meant as a disrespect.

In that case, I won't be gloating were I you, Ronny chan!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 23:53:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-1-15 00:04
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-14 05:14
It's quit possible I am old enough to be your father ( scary thought) but calling me a boy is ok,  ...

Until the tide comes in, we will never know who has been swimming naked......Warren 'sage of Omaha' Buffett. These words were uttered when the financial crises exposed so many US banks and Mr Ponzi Scheme himself.

Now, true that we might never find out if indeed the gold exist the same way we will never find out if the doctrine of MAD would have happened......who will blink 1st? Now back to current issue, China and Asia have no confidence in selves.....they look to West, everything is to the West and now that the West is broke, attempt isn't made to forge new path..but pour their hard earned cash into bailouts of basket cases like france, Italy, Spain. A
The US will never collapse, now when China and the Arabs are propping it up:) And did you see the nonsense re iphone 4s release in China? dear dear.......China has been completely undermined by the Capitalist ----stem........just not apparent at the moment:)

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-15 00:01:20 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-14 08:56
This is where you're wrong. China doesn't need to catch up technically speaking. Development of th ...

@Exported Kiwi is P whipped and a fanboy of China inc. Nothing objective has been uttered by him but mealy mouth platitudes! Go join the Communist party am sure they'd find a seat for you as propanganda in chief.

Read what the good lotus fly wrote and work out the mathematics! US has shown via the various wars that they are not letting grass grow underfoot, they keep making they necessary reup!

Look how they undermined Pakistan when B Laden was snuffed? Russia trapped a a Jet during the Kosovo wars but they, US, upped ante!

Hopefully the imminent battle with Iran will educate you further with Israel displaying new technologies. I saw Russia relics in the war with Georgia, they have no chance against US, why would China stand any chance?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-15 05:49:38 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-1-15 01:53
Until the tide comes in, we will never know who has been swimming naked......Warren 'sage of Omaha' ...

its a sad fact that a proportion of idiot will band together for some ridiculous reason, such as getting an iphone on the first day, even though they can get one a day later without lining up, it why computer games are so expensive when they first come out, some idiot has to get it immediately. but happily if you look at the numbers, you will see they are really just a small portion of the populace, they just look like a lot because they are all out together. so don't despair, in the west we we eagerly sit back and watch these buffoons on the news for a laugh, and maybe feel a little sorry for their parents shame.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-15 09:27:44 |Display all floors
Most likely by 2020 will China have finally catch up to the United States in military technology. This is inevitable one way or another.
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-15 13:07:25 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-1-14 23:01
@Exported Kiwi is P whipped and a fanboy of China inc. Nothing objective has been uttered by him b ...

Ummm, my record here speaks for itself. Please refer to post #36 in this thread. I am certainly no fan of the CPC or the weapons systems employed by China. I do respect the ordinary PLA soldier though. I speak as a  20+ year veteran and as someone who has actual knowledge on many of these subjects....objective enough?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.