Author: greendragon

Can China catch up on military technologies?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-14 03:36:32 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-13 12:04
mint? i think the USA has Minties, they probably spent the gold

no, spent China's gold. It was a clever ruse dreamt up by the US actually. We will use your savings to buy your goods with your money.....I would be annoyed if I were Chinese.

To make matters worse, any attempt at devaluing the $ ensures a devaluation of China's  American debt value worth a trillion at least. I won't be gloating if I were you, Ronny boy!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 05:14:59 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-1-14 05:36
no, spent China's gold. It was a clever ruse dreamt up by the US actually. We will use your saving ...

It's quit possible I am old enough to be your father ( scary thought) but calling me a boy is ok, I like it.
As for the US dollar, well, it is artificially inflated anyway, no need to devalue it, just give it a true value. as for the gold, They have not allowed an open audit for decades, no one actually know if the US gold still exists in fort Knox and elsewhere, let alone how much is there, it is a proverbial bone of contention in the USA. China could quite easily survive without that US debt, the fact is all china has is paper with words on it, The debt it holds has no true value at this time, not until the USA pays it back, which it probably will never do. every country should cut its losses mentally then try to collect the debt, then cut their losses in reality. let the USA economy collapse, let the people of the USA get a real feel of where their country is at. A reality shock is what the USA needs.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-14 06:22:00 |Display all floors
NEVER THAT'S WHEN NEVER.....CHINA IS 5000 YEARS OLD...USA IS 300 YEARS OLD......AND THE USA IS 1OOO YEARS AHEAD OF CHINA IN MILITARY TECH....

YES CHINA HAS THE NUMBER 2 ECONOMY.....THE USA'S ECONOMY IS STILL 50 TIMES LARGER THAN CHINA'S.

COME GET SOME....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 08:56:15 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-1-11 19:46
@Tigerfish.....your mathsis terrible. Catch up? No country can outspend the US in fact the ten bigge ...

This is where you're wrong. China doesn't need to catch up technically speaking. Development of the correct weapons is all that is necessary. China knows this and appears to be doing so balancing technological inadequacy with correct investment and development of counters to those systems in the US military that can do serious harm to China, nuclear weapons being not included here. Sometimes a rifleman can beat a machine gunner, if his aim is straight and he kills the machine first shot! I am military and I can tell you, that while you present a fair case, you're mostly wrong......and I'd really like you to be right! I'm extremely pro American military, staunchly so in fact but military realities must be recognised because failure to do so enables the opposition to exploit ignorance and that, my friend is passive offense...another subject on it's own.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 08:59:45 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2012-1-13 12:29
Kiwi, my friend,

I love a debate with a person that can present himself and present himself with r ...

Hi ed, great to see you again friend and yes, I do like our lively debates. Your post requires significant thought and today, I have little time so please forgive me if I respond to this another day.
FYI; being military has a distinct advantage as far as having knowledge goes but you do significantly well using public knowledge and applying common sense. That too, is worthy of respect, and you know you have mine.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-1-14 09:42:24 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-1-14 07:22
NEVER THAT'S WHEN NEVER.....CHINA IS 5000 YEARS OLD...USA IS 300 YEARS OLD......AND THE USA IS 1OOO  ...
  1. NEVER THAT'S WHEN NEVER.....CHINA IS 5000 YEARS OLD...USA IS 300 YEARS OLD......AND THE USA IS 1OOO YEARS AHEAD OF CHINA IN MILITARY TECH....
Copy code
Since 1945 we know the meaning of 1,000 years. You could be right, it may take another "1,000 years" but don't feel sad if it occurs earlier.   
  1. YES CHINA HAS THE NUMBER 2 ECONOMY.....THE USA'S ECONOMY IS STILL 50 TIMES LARGER THAN CHINA'S
Copy code
6,8  trillion GDP compared to 14,5 trillion = 50 times larger. I wonder whether maths will be reinvented as well after Einstein's relativity theory is on the block already.     

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 13:27:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lotusfly7 at 2012-1-15 21:27
Bandito Post time: 2012-1-14 03:27
@lotusfly

that small but highly improbable fact (that you eloquently put in a short sentence)  ha ...

Well it's true.

Look at the US for example. When Bush senior went in to liberate Kuwait their military tech was what it was. In the short span of 10 years when the son went in their military tech advanced greatly, I mean greatly. Now it's been another 10 years since the start of that and their advances grown even more. Not counting what they learn from just being in these battles.

Plus the more the country is technologically advanced the faster the advances occur. Faster computers, a more comprehensive foundation to build on and expand from. To catch up would be a amazing in itself. To advance past is slim to never going to happen.

Other countries will reach their current level, of course. But by then they will be shooting lasers. Actually, the world will get a big surprise the next time their naval fleet battles another.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.