Author: greendragon

Can China catch up on military technologies?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-11 11:40:11 |Display all floors
pantarhei Post time: 2012-1-10 16:11
A question of time and policies . Can it ? of course. Will it? Time will tell.  

The System in the USA and the British Club is initially quite different from that of China.
Currently the TOP THREE state in the globe are RESTRUCTURING, REFORMING - might look more similar to each other eventually.

Let's recap the THREE SYSTEMS.

Basically The British has the most advanced developed system since ancient times.

It has the ESTABLISHMENT with the MONARCHY, hereditary elite (mostly land owning and in our modern age, Investment Houses with shrinking importance) and the STATE INSTITUTIONS (professionally run with educated scholars). It has representation of the modern REVENUE MERCHANTS (basically the NEW STATE REVENUE) which could be hereditary or new blood. It has representations of MIDDLE CLASS, WORKERS and even UNDERCLASSES via a ELECTED executive Prime Minister that makes decisions for the STATE INSTITUTIONS.

The United States basically is an UNDERCLASS origin NEW RICH rebellion against the British Crown. Initially, it was a rowdy group with REVENUE MERCHANTS (basically plantation owners initially - later became INVESTMENT HOUSES) - started with REBEL plantation owners, later some progressed to become INDUSTRIAL BARONS eventually resulting in a series of RIVAL based on Clans, Tribe, Cult groups. The American State Institutions started late when the FEDERAL CAPITAL was established in 1791 (basically a young institution). The President is ELECTED via a series of system that shares between citizen numbers, and local state powers (basically Revenue Merchant controlled)

China is the oldest of the trio, and has developed many of the systems that both the British and the American state uses. However the STATE INSTITUTION split with the MONARCHY and competed to control the REVENUE MERCHANT. Increasingly the Central State Institution became region based, while the Monarchy came about from rebellion of different regions. Most of the time China was FAMILY BASED STATE. It had a MONARCHY, STATE INSTITUTION, a strong EDUCATED GENTRY for it's middle class with a organized underclass network. By late Tang dynasty - an organized CULT network was established - representative of modern society generally.

By early 20th century, due to STRESS of FOREIGN entanglement, CHINA decided to dismantle the Middle Class, the Rich (revenue merchant) and threaten the CULT networks. It lack a ELECTION system to select a EXECUTIVE BODY to supervise the STATE INSTITUTION. Instead it REPLICATED the STATE INSTITUTION bureaucracy and use EXAMINATION system to install the POLITICAL EXCO.  The Monarchy was abolished in 1911.

China terminated administration based on HUMAN NATURE, and tried to give an appearance of a state run by "farmers, workers" - basically UPSIDE DOWN system - where the "least educated" appears to rule.

Hmmmmm

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Enjoying Retirement Chats

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-11 11:52:02 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-11 09:16
Of course China can do it, I hope it does soon.
There are many areas in need of advancement, it's no ...

China has LOST TIME during the periods of 1890 to 1979.

Basically during the period of 1980 to 1999 - China was catching up to the British Club's and American Empire developments in the 1950's.  It's homes were atrocious - visitor during the 1990 to 1999 period often observed pre-1850 technology for homes, infrastructure in 90% of the country. There were sparks of advances in certain CITIES but is more nearer 1950's via outright technology provision (UK's Spey Jet Engine technology) or by stealth via getting talented oversea's Chinese (China 1950's deluge of SCIENTIFIC TALENTS) to return to the Mainland. (mostly help from USA and British Club to circumvent the OLD SOVIET UNION from dominating the MAIN land body in the globe!)

In the 1999 to 2008, China benefited from the American Establishments (basically competing Revenue Merchants - with different STRATEGIES - that's the result of FREE ENTERPRISE and FREE EXCHANGE OF KNOWLEDGE - big in the British Club and encouraged in the American Empire!). The vast changes, plus the advantage of HUGE DOMESTIC NATURAL RESOURCES, and the CCP (Political exco), STATE INSTITUTION (old bureaucracy faction) created the ELECTRICITY, WATER, and vocational trained workforce to benefit from the trend.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-11 12:20:20 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2012-1-11 13:52
China has LOST TIME during the periods of 1890 to 1979.

Basically during the period of 1980 to 19 ...

Being behind does not in and of itself preclude one from getting ahead, or just catching up, this is not a 100 metre sprint, but a long distance event
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-11 12:44:10 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-11 12:20
Being behind does not in and of itself preclude one from getting ahead, or just catching up, this  ...

China is PROBABLY being used TO CREATE "panic" in USA and British Club......
(If you note, Japan-Germany progress was used "successfully" to create "URGENCY" to keep ahead in the technological-economic game. I reckon CHINA is more "EXCITING" compared to Germany or Japan since both states don't really have ARMED FORCES occupying China proper compared to those in Germany or Japan)

....thus PUSH FORWARD more innovation, technology, and a BIGGER MINT.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-11 20:38:43 |Display all floors
@edisonone,

Word on the street? And I'm going to take this word on the street seriously? US is not the one threatening neighbours with spurious claims re South China sea and so on. Vietnam, Thailand, Japan and South Korea are at constant loggerheads with China. Very soon a South Korean coastguard will shoot up a Chinese ''fishing vessel'' and bang.

OK, here it is, I have been to Japan more than to China and know that Japan sold/borrowed China technology for the bullet train. And what it do? China, as usual, tried to rip off the Japanese by trying to lodge its patents in US!

I am not going to be bogged down with all the side issues that you threw into the mix as not germaine to the simple fact that.....USA is not USSR. In fact terrible analogy in that USA did not consist of folks that did not want to be part of USA unlike USSR and Ukraine, Georgia etc.

I hope one of the Chinese Generals does not miscalculate and provoke the US......this will provide you with the necessary proof that there are contigencies to deal with any upstart.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-11 20:46:34 |Display all floors
@Tigerfish.....your mathsis terrible. Catch up? No country can outspend the US in fact the ten biggets military spenders combined falls short of US.

China cannot ever catch up. Why? All that needs to happen is return to protectionism and we start manufacturing out stuff and repatriating our stuff from outsourcing to China and China's economy will implode!

China does not have the money and expertise to get into serious R&D. Korea and Japanese companies at the beginning were willing to she=are but are not so charitable minded.

China's population is such that it is an albatross......the gift and curse:) Gift in supplying low paid workers curse because..........yes fairy cake to edisonone......too many people and impossible to up the PPP etc

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-12 11:41:33 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-1-11 20:38
@edisonone,

Word on the street? And I'm going to take this word on the street seriously? US is not  ...

The American Empire has created INSURANCE against EU, CHINA, ATRS from exceeding it by.......

.......The WTC stratagem. (World Trade Collapse)
Both EU, ATRS is dependent on Commodity, Fuel, Energy supply from the British Club, Russian Federation or the American/British influenced "Gulf region" and lesser on "South China Sea".

Russia, China, Brazil, Mexico-Mayan basis states, Aztec basis states and generally operate with a 20 to 30 year technological, economic gap. China has the unique situation of having only "sufficient" resources, without much surplus! (However it does have capacity to increase food production via creation of artificial inland lake basins)

While China will not be a threat to the American dominance for a long time to come due to technological gap.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.