Author: dickman

If US dare to wage a war with us in SCS, we will resolutely counterattack.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-18 20:18:02 |Display all floors
Gayle Post time: 2017-2-18 10:08
But isn't the contention among China, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, etc? If the USA is involved i ...

China Daily's editorial:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/wor ... ontent_28176199.htm
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-19 01:43:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Gayle at 2017-2-19 04:02
Chinese's media blocks a lot that you don't know about.

I am in the USA.  Of course, the corporate-run "free press" leaves out a lot too.  But when a country is preparing for war, they first have to fire up their people with the supposed reasons for such a war.  I have not seen any attention to SCS issues in the US press that would suggest the people are being prepared to accept such a war.

Mostly Trump has been urging a trade war with China.  He blames China for US unemployment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-19 02:42:23 |Display all floors
IMG_0359.JPG

Elvis is alive!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-19 07:53:31 |Display all floors
Gayle Post time: 2017-2-19 01:43
I am in the USA.  Of course, the corporate-run "free press" leaves out a lot too.  But when a count ...

The USA blocks stories as well but they are also primarily responsible for most of the world's fake news aka propaganda these days. Most of the propaganda is being directed towards Russia at the moment.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-19 08:00:39 |Display all floors
Gayle Post time: 2017-2-19 01:43
I am in the USA.  Of course, the corporate-run "free press" leaves out a lot too.  But when a count ...
He blames China for US unemployment.

The majority of American jobs have been lost to computerisation/robotics rather than China. The failure of the USA to reinvest in their own industries and infrastructure is also an issue along with The USA's manufacturing being exported to countries with cheaper manufacturing costs and less stringent employment and pollution laws (the USA's choice, not China's). The arms manufacturing industry is thriving though.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-19 10:50:35 |Display all floors
All that is true, but Trump doesn't care what is true. He knows that a good way to manipulate people is to give them scapegoats to hate.  

An even more important scapegoat whom he unjustly blames for the bad US economy is the Mexicans.  There is widespread prejudice in the US against Mexicans (both legal and illegal immigrants) so Trump has taken advantage of that existing prejudice by telling his followers that Mexicans are responsible for their economic troubles (along with China).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-19 13:26:43 |Display all floors
Gayle Post time: 2017-2-19 10:50
All that is true, but Trump doesn't care what is true. He knows that a good way to manipulate people ...

There is justification in prejudice towards illegal immigrants of any origin since they committed a crime by entering the country and, as such, will probably commit further crimes by entering enter the black economy and working illegally. Some will resort to prostitution, theft and drug dealing to support their existence. Were they not working illegally then many employers would have to pay Americans a living wage albeit that it would increase production costs. So I can see where Trump is coming from but illegal immigrants are only a small part of the problem.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.