Author: dickman

If US dare to wage a war with us in SCS, we will resolutely counterattack.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-18 02:34:00 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2017-2-17 22:07
Way tp many wars.
Just look at the Countries they  liberated. .

Says the guy whose country killed thousands of civilians on 6/4/89

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-18 07:05:09 |Display all floors
If US dare to wage a war with us in SCS, we will resolutely counterattack.

Why would the US want to do that?  It would be bad for both countries.

Is there fear in China of a war with the US?   I never hear any talk in the US of such a war.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-18 09:39:46 |Display all floors
Gayle Post time: 2017-2-18 07:05
Why would the US want to do that?  It would be bad for both countries.

Is there fear in China of  ...

South China Sea is a big bone of contention.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-18 10:08:29 |Display all floors
But isn't the contention among China, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, etc? If the USA is involved in the SCS and even threatening war about it, there has not been any mention in the  news media here that I have seen.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-18 16:04:48 |Display all floors
Gayle Post time: 2017-2-18 10:08
But isn't the contention among China, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, etc? If the USA is involved i ...

Chinese's media blocks a lot that you don't know about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-18 18:23:19 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2017-2-18 16:04
Chinese's media blocks a lot that you don't know about.

That may be but America has a free press that would print the true facts. (Please excuse my humour.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-18 20:11:49 |Display all floors
Gayle Post time: 2017-2-18 10:08
But isn't the contention among China, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, etc? If the USA is involved i ...
If the USA is involved in the SCS and even threatening war about it, there has not been any mention in the  news media here that I have seen.  

CGTN do have Chinese and foreign commentators discussing new developments as they arise in regard to the SCS amongst many other subjects of interest to China. Try tuning in at 19:30 Monday to Friday.

There are no "threats of war" but there is a prospect of war if Trump's posturing is to be believed. Independent foreign commentators have suggested that if Trump escalates the posturing over regional issues then hostilities could well break out within the next 5 years. The interdependence of USA and China requires cooperation or both countries economies suffer. Since Trump's election he has been reversing/stepping back from a lot of his election rhetoric/promises as he is steadily being reigned in by the American establishment back to American policies that we have come to expect.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.