Author: Cicci

[Guizhou] Zhenyuan: Best bits of China in one town [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-19 14:01:49 |Display all floors
Guizhou cuisine may not be as popular as its spicier Sichuan cousin, but for anyone unable or unwilling to sacrifice their taste buds to the almighty chili pepper, Guizhou food features a sweet-and-sour flavor with liberal use of tomatoes and just a touch of chili peppers.  

The local favorite dish is the hot and sour fish stew made with locally caught freshwater fish.

The dish won’t burn your tongue off like Sichuan’s spicy boiled fish, but it's not for the meek either.

Hot and sour fish stew won't burn your tongue off, but it should not be treated lightly either.
9.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-19 14:02:24 |Display all floors
The dish served in Zhenyuan that is the most fun would have to be si wawa.

This is tapas-like meal consists of 18 small dishes of seafood and fresh and pickled vegetables which are served with a small wheat pancake (just like the Peking roast duck pancake), and you make your own wraps.   

10.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2014-12-6 22:55:10 |Display all floors
Beautiful water town, the snacks are attractive, especially the tapas-like appetizers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-28 23:19:50 |Display all floors
I was there on my last trip with my wife and family, Beautiful.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.