Author: mariame

Rural children's school life   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-7 13:19:19 |Display all floors
mariame Post time: 2011-12-5 10:01

There are 23m rural children left behind in China
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-7 13:33:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2011-12-7 12:56

Help for those left behind
Updated: 2011-10-31 08:02
(China Daily)

A picture can be a powerful thing.

A photo of 10-year-old Long Zhanghuan, carrying her two-year-old cousin in her arms while attending class, has tugged at the heartstrings of many netizens.

The girl, her little brother and six cousins are living with their grandparents in Fenghuang county of Hunan province while their parents are in cities far away. Long Zhanghuan has proved an able assistant to her grandparents, taking care of the little ones.

The girl's photo has drawn attention once again to the 58 million children and 40 million elderly left behind in rural China.

In the village where Long Zhanghuan lives all the able body people under the age of 45 have left for cities to make money.

There are a lot of villages in the country like this one, where the only inhabitants are children and elderly.

Migration from rural areas to cities continues to accelerate, pushed along by China's economic expansion, and the population of children left behind also continues to grow.

We hope that policymakers will pay more attention to the difficulties facing Long Zhanghuan and children like her, as well as the elderly left behind in rural China, and come up with future-oriented policies to meet their needs.

Reform of the hukou, household registration policy, began officially in 1997, when the government abolished some of the hukou-linked quotas set to limit the number of migrants in the bigger cities.
Although this made it more feasible and acceptable for rural people to move to urban areas for work, it did not address the gaps in service provision between urban and rural areas and led to the separation of families.

The reality is that while cities expand and receive more funding from the central government for all sorts of social services, conditions and opportunities for families in rural areas are not improving nearly as quickly.

If barriers to public services such as education continue to exist for migrants in China's cities as a result of the hukou system, then migrant workers will continue to leave their children behind.
Most pressingly, while policies like the hukou system have yet to catch up with the pace of migration, it is imperative to find effective interim measures to deal with the ongoing physical, social, emotional and psychological challenges faced by the population of left-behind children and their grandparents.

The government should try to help them as soon as possible.

(China Daily 10/31/2011 page8)

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-7 14:31:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2011-12-8 18:11
greatlady Post time: 2011-12-5 16:57
yes, you are right.

I admire those behind supportors.

These children can learn a lot from their experiences.
Not only do I admire the children,
yes, you are right. I admire those behind supportors.
+++++++++++++
It's not wrong that we need to hold a positive attitude towards those facts.

I had lived in some of such types of area for months many years before.
Life is hard beyond words there.

When their peers are playing music, are studying sketch and water color drawing, are studying extra skills from excellent teachers, they are struggling to survive.

After they growing up, most of them would become so called "migrant workers". Most of them would take the heavy handy works  in cities and in rural area. Seldom of them would become office workers in cities, not alone social elites or bosses, or ...

Of course there are many adult Chinese don't know how to write their names down yet. I met many of them lately in Gansu province. At least these children in pics are lucky than those illiterate Chinese.

freedom of thought and speech

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-7 18:06:16 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2011-12-7 14:31
These children can learn a lot from their experiences.
Not only do I admire the children,
yes, yo ...

Life is hard, I usually said that.

I remembered when I was a child, I had to walk to school 5 miles away in snowy winter, mom had to tak me out from the warm bed,the bed is warm because of body is warm. ha ha...

we had grass bed in middle school too...

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-7 18:06:54 |Display all floors
the grass bed is just some corns and wheat leaves put on the ground..
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 17:27:29 |Display all floors
Thanks for the pictures.
They show clearly that the job some do as volunteers teaching these children is very needed still.
I hope we can all appreciate what we have and spare some help, in money or time, to help them get out of peverty.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-8 18:15:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2011-12-8 18:15
longzhou Post time: 2011-12-8 17:27
They show clearly that the job some do as volunteers teaching these children is very needed still.
I hope we can all appreciate what we have and spare some help, in money or time, to help them get out of peverty.
Agree.
freedom of thought and speech

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.