Views: 13601|Replies: 10

China warns it cannot use reserves to save Europe? I hope so! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-3 02:07:32 |Display all floors
China warns it cannot use reserves to save Europe

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/china/china-business/2011/12/03/324816/China-warns.htm

BEIJING -- Europe cannot expect China to use a big portion of its US$3.2 trillion foreign exchange reserves to rescue indebted nations, a top Chinese foreign ministry official said on Friday, Beijing's strongest rebuttal yet to suggestions it should bail out the eurozone.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-3 03:08:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2011-12-3 03:09

Hi Edisone.

Even if China wish to help them who is to say bonds will be honoured and China investment will bring return?

Greece got debt written off ....half of it to be exact , so who will compensate those that lost money in borrowing to Greeks?

Nobody , money is gone it is pure loss.

That is funny part of modern world , everything seem to go .........from Feds printing sh!tloads of money and giving it to private banks till Europeans not honouring that and saying bad luck to those that gave them money..........there is no rule of law out there ..........

just one big jungle and China should not enter jungle it is not smart thing to do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-5 12:53:11 |Display all floors
I am glad to see some responsible conservatism ideologies being drawn and implemented from our communist government. This shows great wisdom for all the world to see being generated by our leaders here in China.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2011-12-5 13:08:24 |Display all floors
US$3.2 trillion foreign exchange reserves..

How many wooden nickels does that equal?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-5 13:49:11 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2011-12-5 13:08
US$3.2 trillion foreign exchange reserves..

How many wooden nickels does that equal?

That would depend on the type of wood. Mine is mahogany of course and it is much.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-5 16:11:47 |Display all floors
Europe cannot use it also:) The EU-17 has only  1 trillion however, but China's foreign exchange reserves is too high compared to it's size of it's economy, I think that China can stop to run trade surplus, ,or even account balance surplus .

We cannot use this money domestically to alleviate poverty,” Fu said. “We also can't take this money abroad for development support
Vice Foreign Minister Fu Ying

I disagree with this currently China runs $ 17-30 billion trade surplus/month , reducing that to 0  and every Chinese on average can spend 13-25 dollar more on every month, reducing the account balance surplus   it would be probably far more , sorry I am to lazy to check the data.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-11 21:56:25 |Display all floors
i hope so...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.