Author: goldengrove

Watching movies: a good way to learn English?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-3 23:12:29 |Display all floors
I don't think it is a good way to learn English . Actors lines in the movies spoke in English are anglicized and disordered in the grammer and sequence , which of course , don't  improve ourselves and maybe misguide us to same extent . however , we can enhance us by reading some meaningfull and beneficial foreign novels , and persist in writing some English compositions every day .
Fighting~gogo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-6 09:54:53 |Display all floors
English language is a relatively easy language to master. Different countries have different accents peculiar to their speaking culture and behaviours. The British, American, Australian & Germans have their own slangs which can be quite easily identified when one speaks.
Tips on learning to master English language -
1) Do not force yourself so hard by learning every word and sentences when learning this language.
    Let  the whole conversation flow and understand the essense of the topic discussed.
2) Talk to yourself in front of the mirror. This is to build up self confidence.
3) Avoid align yourself to any lingo or slangs. Stick to the proper English language as should have been
    spoken. The slangs can come later.
It is constant practise that makes perfect. Good luck to all.
Read, read and read alot of news & articles.
CCTV 9 has got good English speaking news and documentaries. You should be able to gain good English knowledge from this channel.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 09:16:31 |Display all floors
depends on what movies you are watching. you might end u learning only the F word.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-24 13:34:23 |Display all floors
Your choice of The Big Bang theory is a very good one if you want to learn academic English as used in university.  The characters in that show are educated and speak well, unlike those of many other popular shows.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-29 06:28:38 |Display all floors
Landyeo Post time: 2012-3-3 23:12
I don't think it is a good way to learn English . Actors lines in the movies spoke in English are an ...

Not at all! English in movies is daily use english mostly, it's exactly what you do want to be learning to be able to communicate effectively in life!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-24 11:42:24 |Display all floors
it is actually!
my skype is nana.zuo90

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2016-10-10 21:59:10 |Display all floors

Free Book on Learning English Faster, Easier and Happier!
Also, FREE daily oral English practice lessons.

WeChat ID: BigTEXZZ
If you want FREE English lessons every day, add me on WeChat.
My WeChat ID: BigTEXZZ

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.