Views: 21048|Replies: 29

Watching movies: a good way to learn English?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-1 10:12:59 |Display all floors
I have to admit that I have been learning English by watching movies and TV dramas.

The problem, though, is that some of those lines could be quite far removed from what you would say in everyday life.

Like the popular Bing Bang Theory and Prison Break here in China, apart from gaining some knowlege in science and prison life, language wise, I don't have much to acquire.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-1 16:06:12 |Display all floors
Perhaps it it the case in other English-speaking countries. But as to America, you have to remember one thing: movies and soap operas are in every nook and cranny of the American discourse and narrative. There are constant references to movies in your daily life, and if you haven't watched them, you are lost.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-2 10:57:58 |Display all floors
I think see a lot of films  that can improve our level on a foreign language.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-2 11:44:53 |Display all floors
I watch film just to use it ,and english make me watch them without problems(had better). it is one of  the applications and one of the purpose  we learn it.
I am an English fan  and interested in it which makes me study hard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-2 22:11:57 |Display all floors
I have learnt english for ten years when i was in primary school i can speak it fluently and scored high grades. Since i entered a colleague many students gave it up but i did not leave it it is a sort of art a part of my life .it brought me pride and happy.now i do not learn it for exams just for fun as keeping daily and reading.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-14 16:07:06 |Display all floors
i joined in a group for learn english today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-25 15:23:40 |Display all floors
movie can surely be a good language teacher. i have been watching chinese movies these days and my listening skills really improved.
its life!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.