Author: DanseMacabre

You're not qualified to judge China because you can't speak Chinese?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-5 09:03:28 |Display all floors
kcaim21  Language is important to understand custom, tradition, history and culture of an issue for a full grasp of the issues, perhaps as foreigners we should not be too judgemental using our own monocle...  

Yes, that's the whole point of learning the language of the host country, in order not to be "tainted" by our biases inherent in our mother tongue.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-5 09:05:20 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-3-2 21:50
Everybody and anything is going under criticism no matter what the language is.As far as China is co ...

That much I agree.

I'm not saying not you should not criticize the host country if you find something that's really annoying. Point is you should always embrace it -- if you want to truly settle in it.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-5 16:58:33 |Display all floors
DanseMacabre Post time: 2012-3-5 09:05
That much I agree.

I'm not saying not you should not criticize the host country if you find somet ...

Exactly.Nothing has got one side.There are negatives and positives in everything.If we want to enjoy something we should focus on the positive.This is my philosophy in general on situations.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-4 14:17:23 |Display all floors
there is some depth in the subject :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-4 14:50:17 |Display all floors
I want  to say,your opionion is stupid,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-11 17:08:18 |Display all floors
It would mean, China cannot judge the world, cos they poorly speak languages?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-13 21:47:41 |Display all floors
I live in China, retired from the USA. I do not judge the Chinese people at all. Not my place, plus every Chinese person I have met, helps me to learn Chinese. Even when i do finally learn the language it is not place to judge anyone. If they respect me I in turn show 100% respect.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.