Author: DanseMacabre

You're not qualified to judge China because you can't speak Chinese?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-22 08:54:22 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-2-22 08:16
More to it. Could you accept the fact that, when a person who does not read or write Chinese can be ...

Touche!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 09:35:56 |Display all floors

RE: You're not qualified to judge China because you can't speak Chinese?

longzhou Post time: 2012-2-22 07:54
Touche!

That is not being 'touche' as you have put it. That is calling a spade a spade!
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 19:35:34 |Display all floors

RE: You're not qualified to judge China because you can't speak Chinese?

This post was edited by sansukong at 2012-2-24 09:37
DanseMacabre Post time: 2011-11-24 15:07
Problem is you always have to interpret the facts to come up with any opinion. When you do so, fac ...
抓虫放在里面自己的屁股 Zhuā chóng fàng zài lǐmiàn zìjǐ de pìgu
Problem is you always have to interpret the facts to come up with any opinion. When you do so, facts are simply not facts any more. That's why some argue that "if you want to judge China, speak its language", because it lends credibility as I said.

I tend to agree with you. To translate a Chinese idiom or a metaphor (like the one above) into English, one must possess sufficient Chinese knowledge, coupled with some in-depth
of Chinese culture to be able to translate the above Chinese saying to reflect the true meaning of what it is intended to mean. To put it simply, a blind man cannot be
appointed  as a judge in a beauty pageant contest!  To do so, would be a mockery
to the contestants as such!

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 09:53:53 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-2-22 19:35
I tend to agree with you. To translate a Chinese idiom or a metaphor (like the one above) into En ...

Excellent examples
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 16:34:28 |Display all floors
DanseMacabre Post time: 2012-3-2 08:53
Excellent examples

{:soso_e183:} Thanks. Hope to see you more often at the forum floor contributing articles of substance for the betterment of the forum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 17:19:51 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-3-2 16:34
Thanks. Hope to see you more often at the forum floor contributing articles of subst ...

I will try my best.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-2 21:50:49 |Display all floors
Everybody and anything is going under criticism no matter what the language is.As far as China is concerned the ones who speak negatively should be more open minded ,focus on the positive and see the heart.China is   a warm and friendly country.This is the most important for us the foreigners.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.