Views: 47790|Replies: 30

[My Stories] Chinese boy walks across US   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-11-23 22:10:16 |Display all floors

Running alone on Route 66, empty and desolate; crossing some wheat fields, into the setting sun - a scene from Forrest Gump, yet fact has turned into reality.

The Qianjiang Evening News reported a Chinese "Forrest Gump" arrived at the Venice Beach pier in Los Angeles on September 4 this year after he finished his 89-day cross-America-on-foot trip, the first ever by an Asian. Wang Xuan just graduated from the State University of New York this summer.

He started his journey on June 8 in New York and crossed through 13 US states, covering a distance of about 4,800km.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-30 21:47:14 |Display all floors
What did that prove I wonder? Did that proved that he hadn't had his head bashed in by the Harlem boys? Did it proved that he didn't get raped in the raw by the White Supremacist who are equally as discriminatory towards the yellow man as he is towards the black?  Or, did it prove that he didn't get any eggs thrown at him along the way by the red necks of the Americas who eyes us Chinese with an air of discontentment, of disagreement, of displeasure, and, with the gesture [Darn Chin ks!] hanging like a glowing halo over their heads??? I mean BIG DEAL!!!
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-3 15:22:46 |Display all floors
en
I love China and hometown

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-19 00:29:24 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2011-12-30 21:47
What did that prove I wonder? Did that proved that he hadn't had his head bashed in by the Harlem bo ...

it proved that he could accomplish something he started and that is good  by any ones standards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-14 19:42:18 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2011-12-30 21:47
What did that prove I wonder? Did that proved that he hadn't had his head bashed in by the Harlem bo ...

What a weirdo you are. Bitter much?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-14 21:55:42 |Display all floors
and i dont see him on the list of people who have walked across the United States (wikipedia)...did he register & paid the fee  {:soso_e113:}{:soso_e128:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-5-15 10:35:17 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.