Author: linda_sun

How to improve my English?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-31 09:35:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2011-11-22 17:05
G'day, Linda,

your first post was in a refreshingly good English. Just put a space after punctuatio ...

Thanks. I also got something useable from your consult or advice.
What's on my mind? i always think what should be on my mind. i am lag behind. so what is that Hindr ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 15:22:13 |Display all floors
Now I have the same problem with Linda_sun,be afraid of making mistakes and feel nervous,sometimes when communicate with a foreigner ,I can hardly speak a word,so badly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 15:24:48 |Display all floors
richardfisher Post time: 2013-1-21 13:41
Hi Linda,
All the other replies had some value.
But the real answer to your problem is this.

it seem useful for me,I will try,hope that brings me a big surprise

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-15 17:08:29 |Display all floors
I have alao much more interests in learning English, but my base is not well. But all is nothing and I think taking the first step is the most important for everything, including learning English. Let's work together! Insist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-26 06:18:02 |Display all floors
The best way to learn is practice, practice, practice. On my trips to China, I have found that the Chinese can read and write English on a basic level. What they lack is good pronunciation. They can gain this by finding someone (native speaker) on Skype or QQ who can practice with you. I have helped a few in this way. They became proficient quickly.
You should know not to be afraid to speak to someone in English. If they speak too fast, ask them to slow down. They will. Most English speaking people will try to be helpful. Do not be afraid to make mistakes. It is OK, it is how you learn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-17 15:31:21 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-28 13:14
Reading, reading, reading, this is the way to learn to think in English, and listening without tra ...

The same as when we was learning mandarin.I was thinking in our native language before I entered university when i must speak in mandarin day and night.After some days,I'v being thought in mandarin.Can we improve english in the same way?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-18 16:40:27 |Display all floors
To my mind,practice works.The more you speak to the foreigners the better your English will be.In another words , you'd better consider learning English your routine and practise day by day.Your brain will adapt to it someday.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.