Author: linda_sun

How to improve my English?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-14 10:23:12 |Display all floors
alicebrooke Post time: 2012-1-28 06:18
Go quietly. Unless there is substantial background noise (in which case, find more appropriate conge ...

We are not alone in this Universe;  Im ygbml a friend ...
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 07:38:34 |Display all floors
b7yearsold Post time: 2011-12-2 23:53
Basically it's fear then that is stopping you. Fear of making mistakes.

I never concentrate on oth ...

That's ture, just speak out!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 10:16:29 |Display all floors
This post is 9 months old.  It has attracted good response from responsible members of the forum.  But I just wonder what has happened to the lady who first posted for advice by now.

From my own observation and participation in the training business especially in English language, I can safely conclude that they are just yelling for help even though they are rather okay.  What is actually lacking is COMFORT or PEACE OF MIND in these new users of English.

Whilst our Crazy Lee uses Chinese approach to make those reluctant to open their mouth to utter some English sounds (and in the process ruining a great number of them as they have become English "shouters or criers" rather than speakers), these new English users need another hybrid of trainer or practice partner to give them another PUSH so they will pass a critical point after which they are FREE or REALLY COMFORTABLE in using English absolutely without any doubt in their mind.

I have experienced a few real life cases when learners or users did pass that critical point after a PUSH from me.  They ended up swimming in the deep side of the pool swimming in the POOL of English not worried at all about DROWNING.
Walk before you run; write before you talk.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-15 12:44:15 |Display all floors
Lindan ,I think what seneca said is very useful for you . I also agree his opinions .my english is also poor ,but I study it very hard .Do you know Liyang who
create the crazy english? I like his diligent .so he is successful.Do what seneca said ,believe in yourself,your dream will come true one day. good luck to you .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-6 10:06:40 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-28 13:14
Reading, reading, reading, this is the way to learn to think in English, and listening without tra ...

listening without translation is really a good sugestion for me.  when I read, I always want to translate into Chinese. It''s  wrong.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-21 13:41:30 |Display all floors
Hi Linda,
All the other replies had some value.
But the real answer to your problem is this.
You need to speak English in a special way, until YOU BECOME COMFORTABLE speaking and understanding English.
I have developed a very special method for you to do this.
I live in Changsha, and you can contact me for a free online lesson or just text-chat on my QQ:1092188865
And/or you can visit my site at http://www.iMagicEnglish.com
I teach Chinese people in Changsha using my iMagicEnglish method, and the results are amazing.
You really can BECOME COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT SPEAKING English.
All schools - in China and abroad, teach grammar and vocabulary first. WRONG!
They should teach you how to feel comfortable speaking English first. SIMPLE!
In English we have the expression, 'they have put the cart before the horse'.
I'm sure you will understand that.
I love China, and I'm here to encourage China's schools and colleges and universities to change their English language teaching methods.
I am leaving for England on March 15th.
I would like a reason to stay here.
Best wishes,
Richard Fisher

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-31 09:15:32 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2011-11-22 17:21
Thanks for your suggestion. Though I learn a lot of English grammar, I am afraid to speak English, e ...

As a foreigner living and working in China, often I have young Chinese English learners asking me the same question.  
One thing you should NEVER feel shy or nervous about is speaking with foreigners.  I think you will find them so very friendly.  Of course, there will be some who are actually busy and they will simply tell you that.  Don't let that discourage you, try again.  If you feel nervous to talk to them, they will also feel a bit nervous to talk to you.  So you are on an equal standing.
I cannot begin to tell you how many wonderful friends I have in China simply because they came up and said "hello" to me, and it just went from there.
Confidence is a difficult thing to muster for many young Chinese, but you will find, the more you try, the greater your confidence will grow.
Also I would suggest watching some English language TV shows, etc.  I have often suggested "Friends", the US comedy 1/2 hours how.  They speak 'normal' English, the show is funny and interesting.  So give it a try.
Good luck and NEVER NEVER NEVER give up.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.