Author: DanseMacabre

How do you say "Hello" in Chinese?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-14 11:58:25 |Display all floors
goldengrove Post time: 2011-11-23 10:58
Good question and well-informed reply!

However, I would add that poverty, hence hunger, is a major  ...

Yeah yeah I can't agree with you more

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-14 16:33:02 |Display all floors
I hate stupid Chinese, I mean Chinese language.  Textbooks and some teachers always tell you some phrases that Chinese people seldom use in their daily life. These phrases really sounds weird to local people. Stop doing that. Please!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-14 16:40:12 |Display all floors
Actually it is not so common..ou can find more Chinese friends here in Jollybeijing. I found many English speaking Chinese friends there!
Good luck in Beijing!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-17 11:58:35 |Display all floors
Interesting and well-reply       When in Rome,do as Romans do ! ha ha ~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-17 21:26:23 |Display all floors
Thanks for the info. Very interesting Chinese history lesson for me as I am now retired in Beihai, from America.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-16 12:48:04 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2011-11-22 20:03
Btw, usually it's not an invitation to a meal, but just a greeting.  Normally, no matter if we have  ...

Is "Ni  Chi Fan Le Ma" correct as a greeting?
Don't argue with idiots! They will always win. First they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
When the power of love, overtakes the love of power,  the world will have peace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-16 19:52:31 |Display all floors
BugaLugs Post time: 2012-10-16 12:48
Is "Ni  Chi Fan Le Ma" correct as a greeting?

Yes it's correct, but it's not often used now as it used to be. However, if you do greet people this way, they will probably be amused and can't help laughing (for a foreigner to know this outdated and somewhat funny way of greeting).  "Ni Hao" is more often used now.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.