Views: 2120|Replies: 6

Ideas for City folks during their leisure time! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-22 13:02:42 |Display all floors
As China and the trade route states urbanized, we are creating a huge range of lifestyles for our urban citizens.

This thread will talk about some of the common activities of city folks during their leisure time.
There is plenty of activities to consider but generally speaking, it really depend on your time, wallet, age, hobby, or nature.

This is a relax thread, and I welcome you to add ideas, (with pictures is better).

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-22 13:13:32 |Display all floors

One of my favourite idea, is HIGH TEA at a nice cafe!

I have been to the Peninsular Hotel lobby cafe, Hong Kong and it's marvellous experience.
In fact, i have high tea in Raffles Hotel, Singapore - high tea in Pavillion Mall, Kuala Lumpur, and just about everywhere!

A cup of tea, keeps the spirit high, and thoughts clear!
(this is the hybrid culture that MIX both CHINESE and ENGLISH practises!)
(Chinese tea with English pastries!)

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
High Tea at the Penisular Hotel, Hong Kong.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-23 13:01:07 |Display all floors

The British elite developed the HIGH TEA concept probably

.............after observing their Chinese citizen enjoyment of DIM SUM.

This is also one of my favourite hobby and regular activity when I am with my family - mother, brother and the nieces, nephews. It's quite certain to be a daily activity for shop keepers, while for families it's likely to be once a week experience in a nice local hotel!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Dim Sum at a local hotel great treat for the family.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 12:04:39 |Display all floors

The red necks American Cowboy created

..................the idea of grilled steak, beans, corn corb and coffee dinner picnic in the open.

Nowadays, the old cultural habit was found difficult to change. American families developed the BACKYARD BBQ picnic. Instead of coffee to keep awake, the families nowadays have sodas and beers, lot of beer!

These American institution has spread to Asia and Europe too!
Nowadays a whole range of BBQ grill equipment is retailed, and it's quite common to see such activity in the front yards of Malayan homes too! More often, Singaporean (in particular, for lack of a front yarn in dense urban settings) and Malayan have BBQ at a beach!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Old Cowboy habits die hard in USA grill meat picnic.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-27 13:03:38 |Display all floors

One of the favourite hobby of

...........business or professional people is the golf course!

My Brother does a 18 hole golf course every week with his buddies! He often complaints that it's his only excercise that he gets for the week. Afterall,  8 hour - 6 day/5 day work week - sitting on an executive chair, listening, examining patients all week is quite a chore for a doctor!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Golfing in Malaya is fun excercise.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-28 14:02:32 |Display all floors

One of my other brother loves the Condominium

.........swimming pool. In late evening, he would bring his three children to play in the pool.

Many Middle Income citizens own apartment units in Condominium developments. The facilities seems to be more popular in the densely populated projects, as neighbourhood children gather to play in the pool, wading pool. It's fun, and the sportstore benefits selling all sorts of garments, equipment for use!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Densely populated Condomium is popular for the kids.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-29 13:12:09 |Display all floors

I have another brother who loves the "Shaolin" tradition

....................weights training. Nowadays, city folks work out at the gymnasium or fitness centre. The days of the Bald headed monks working out with their water pails, or doing grueling wok cooking is over. It's almost a three times weekly activity for him. Unlike the Shaolin, the modern Chinese urban keeps a protein rich diet to enhance the muscles.

Nowadays almost every middle class township has one or more such centres!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Weights trainning in a gymnasium or fitness centre.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.