Author: greendragon

China has 30% of the global electricity generation! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-16 22:13:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by scinoshen at 2011-6-15 16:39
nuclear power can pose a  potential hazardous to our environment,as fukashima in japan is a vivil example.nature gas , goal and othe fuels  are limited resource, and all these will exhaust in a nea ...

there are others,

There are many things about pebble bed reactors that fascinate me, but one of them is the fact that they can be configured to be able to withstand a complete loss of cooling without causing any core damage. As long as each reactor unit produces less than 400 MW of thermal energy, operators can turn off the cooling circulators and walk away knowing that the plant will heat up a bit, shut itself down, and never exceed a temperature at which any fuel damage will occur. Now that is a hot idea whose time has come!

Source: Clean Technica (http://s.tt/12tGZ)
http://cleantechnica.com/2008/07 ... rd-commercial-htgr/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-17 12:02:03 |Display all floors

Besides Open Pit mining in Xinjiang is HUGE!

THE new set of thermal coal powered electricity generation plants will be located in Xinjiang.

It'll be a lot cleaner, very productive and provide high incomes to it's employees.
Electricity will be transmitted via SUPER HIGH VOLTAGE grid to reduce wastage during transmission of the energy!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Open pit coal mining in Xinjiang.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-20 13:53:43 |Display all floors

Development of Cities, and tertiary trades

............will enhance China's GNP without further impact of excessive electricity capacity needs.

Plans underway means the next 300 giga load of capacity will likely to rely on FOREIGN supply of fuels, nominally expected to be URANIUM, NATURAL GAS and even thermal coal. This will benefit the UAE, (Qatar), Malayan Federation and Australia.

But this would be FOREX reliant electricity. Better to be used for BIGGER GNP per giga GAIN then on the low end secondary sector.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
modern guangzhou city skyline.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-20 15:17:26 |Display all floors

Reply #1 greendragon's post

Not proud of that number at all...And now I'm also not so proud of the ever magnificent three-gorge project(produce huge amount of electricity? a good safeguard from flood)...
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-20 15:19:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2011-6-20 15:17
Not proud of that number at all...And now I'm also not so proud of the ever magnificent three-gorge project(produce huge amount of electricity? a good safeguard from flood)...

Also China consumes a great % of electricity....Sorry for my poor memory, can't recall the number now...I'm not so sensitive with numbers...hahah
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-21 11:49:04 |Display all floors

I always had "facts dancing in my mind"

...........one of such facts, is PER CAPITA electricity use in the world = 0.5kw/person!

The world has nearly 7 billion people.
It would have a Electricity generation capacity = 7 billion x 0.5 = 3,500 giga. (1 giga = 1 million KW)

Yes, China production of electricity is HUGE.
It reports some 950giga in 2010, and 1050 giga by end 2011.
AND we have reports of electricity shortage in Zhejiang, Jiangsu!

CRAZY.

Time for China to produce better PER CAPITA gnp instead of wasting national resources on low value added activities.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-22 12:32:14 |Display all floors

The new plans for Nuclear Power Plants

...........means a larger Electricity Generating Capacity for China.

An Expected addition of 100 giga capacity (in addition to the 50 giga already approved and constructed) is in the pipeline. It will probably provide electricity at a higher cost to the wealthier coastal cities such as Shanghai, Ningbo, Hangzhou, Xiamen, Guangzhou and Hong Kong.

We expect the new power plants to be based in isolated beach side, with security preparation such as a MARINE regiment camp nearby that would be useful in the unexpected emergency or foreign power sabotage!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
abbr_r Plant in coastal isolated seismic free zone along china's southern coast..jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.