Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-19 12:28:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-5-19 14:14:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-5-19 16:16
incarnate Post time: 2015-5-19 14:28
I have to agree with you in this 100%. To say that China does not have the financial means to cou ...
Does BBS CD still belong to China or like Diaoyu Dao, the pro-China bloggers are been kept "12 nm" away from the forum........ with a "SEE NO TALK" notice displayed to them!

CD and its management provide an excellent platform, with freedom of expression that you rarely see anywhere else in the world. It is up to people to use it properly and put forth their views, following the rules and guidelines to keep it decent and a welcoming forum. One cannot complain about CD being under foreign influence. They have a difficult job and seem to be doing it to the best of their ability and resources. It is up to the Chinese people and users of this forum to make good use of this to put forth their view points without fear, even if their English is not always the best. One can still be accepted and read here on CD with less than perfect English. Not just Chinese, but many supposedly native English speakers and writers with atrocious spelling and grammar are read widely here.  It is to the credit of the 'Western' writers or members of this forum that they make full use of all the freedoms they have, even pushing the limits and make their presence felt. A small number of them can be more energetic, active and highly united and organised to create an impression that they dominate CD. One cannot fault them. The others that complain, or feel this need to step up and be more active and post their views and stay and debate and learn. I do not agree with the contents of many posts by many western CD members, but that is a different issue. They have it in their nature to fearlessly make their views and expectations known, participate, mix and interact more with CD management. This is how they are. The Chinese or others who want to see a difference, need to do more themselves other than simply complain.

While there are many who abuse the freedom, westerners, particularly native English speakers are quite active, energetic and assertive when required. They are not put off by their lack of knowledge of Chinese - either the culture or language. They simply go ahead and regularly voice their opinion, often more here than even back in their homes.

This is something Asians can and should learn from the West, in my opinion - to be more active, energetic and even work as a group, helping each other out. I see plenty of such examples on CD. I have admired this in the West, even if I am opposed to some views on a specific debate or issue.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-19 18:21:17 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-19 18:47:41 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-19 18:48:36 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.